The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Just Built My First Prime Frame - Nyx

(PSN)H3x3wahn

Nyx excels in crowd control and is a great solo frame. All you need to build on her is alot of duration and range. Remember using Absorb if youre life is threatened. Ps She was my first prime too and she deserves RESPECT.

really? i havent played nyx in a while but you didnt want too long of a duration for chaos, u just wanted as much range as possible

Edit- i havent been playing the prime as much, but nyx was one of my more played frames, shes alot of fun and has pretty good CC

Edited by Arenzo4

She's one of the very best.

Range is her most important attribute. Range and efficiency. She's a spammer and that has to be accounted for.

You'll need some fairly exotic mods. Overextended is pretty much a necessity, though somewhat less so with chaos now being spammable. Still, Nyx is a control 'frame and the further away she can control the enemy, the better off she (and her team) will be.

Generally, what you'll see with Nyx is overextended, stretch, and fleeting expertise to maximize both range and efficiency for chaos spam. You'll want some duration now to offset absorb costs and keep MC up for at least a bit. The rest is personal preference, but survivability mods like quick thinking and primed flow are a very good thing to have.

really? i havent played nyx in a while but you didnt want too long of a duration for chaos, u just wanted as much range as possible

Edit- i havent been playing the prime as much, but nyx was one of my more played frames, shes alot of fun and has pretty good CC

Now that you can cast Chaos freely you want alot of duration too. It also supports Mind Control. Efficiency is almost maxed in my every frame. I just cant live without 75% bonus efficiency

Alot of Duration around 140%, Range almost

200%, Efficiency 175% and Power 85%. Because of Nyxs absorb I dont really build sustain on her at all.

She's godly. Take control of any one enemy you wish, fire seeking missiles that sometimes turn enemies on each other, stun and make every enemy around you fight free-for-all, and an on-demand safety bubble + AOE knockdown + damage absorbing nuke.

Build for Range, Efficiency, and average/above Duration. Forget Strength unless you plan to use Mind Freak augment. You're a spellcaster, use abilities at every opportunity to turn the tide of battle to your favor.

Nyx is one of my favorite warframes to play with because she's so useful.  Use mind control on mobs that could support you or your team (Shield Ospreys, Healers, Eximus, etc.).  Nyx's second ability is pretty redundant as you have other means of getting enemies to attack each other, but it's an alright damage ability since it can proc slash on enemies.  Chaos is what makes Nyx in my opinion, and there is almost no downside to using it.  Getting kinda overwhelmed by mobs?  Chaos.  Tons of Shield Ospreys and Eximus' buffing each other?  Chaos.  Need to revive a fellow Tenno without becoming swiss cheese yourself?  Yep, Chaos.  Her final ability, absorb, makes for a very nice panic button in a lot of situations.  It will absorb ALL damage that you take, including any procs you had on you prior to using the skill.  But that's not all it's good for, it can also be used offensively as it knocks down enemies around once you detonate it, making for an extremely low energy AoE knockdown.  Could also be used as a last resort for defending objectives, or protecting teammates that are reviving other members of your team.

What about Ancient Healers?

If they are under the effect of MindControl, they will heal you for 100hp every 10(?) seconds. All their effects will be for your teams benefit, (also in grineer mission, dhark masters summon kubrowthingies for your team without the need to control them)!

There's an augment mod that makes psychic bolts stun enemies, still an awful ability though. Can't remember the name of the syndicate. Chaos isn't like molecular prime and new enemies appearing won't be affected by it so you'll still need to recast a good amount unless you get the other augment mod that makes new coming enemies also affected. That said, you still need some efficiency, power strength affects the base damage of absorb so it's not very important since you can still pile up a hella lot damage and knock down enemies. She's the queen of CC in my opinion. Using mind control on those shield floating thingies will make it give you extra shield and using it on nullifiers will make you have a nice bubble too I believe.

Fashion frame wise, nemesis is ugly and you gain an additional 70% Power Swag by using the prime skin. I don't use the prime helmet though since it's too flashy and can't recolour the gold.

Pacifying Bolts to stun enemies. Chaos Sphere to create a shrinking AoE Chaos zone. Mind Freak to make mindcontrolled target deal 5x more dmg. Also Nullifiers bubble takes off the Mind Control so he is the only being in game to resist Nyxs psychic (aka awesome) abilities.

Put it this way, She is my go to frame when clan mission are about to start or if im going pug sortie . Her cc abilities work on enemys from lv1 to infinity and is also a very mobile frame. Range and duration are the standard setups, power is optional (not necessary) the rest are defensive and maybe syndicate mods depending on play style. Have fun with her Tenno