Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For More Challenging Missions

Zylofan

I am late game tier myself, I have frames formaed to all hell and back; and most mods all maxed out.

Warframe is not a challenge to me anymore. Which is a shame because I love this game, and I was excited when sorties came out because I thought they would bring a challenge, but no, I can do sorties in my sleep for the most part still.

And even if that were not the case, they are only 3 missions a day, 3 MISSIONS, that MAY force me to actually play a bit.

So I have come up with an idea, that might bring the challenge back to the game for high level players.

I think the game should reward players for using weaker builds!

The main problem right now is that the late game is not highly balanced for a challenge, but the early game is! To take advantage of this if players are enticed to use builds with low conclave levels then they can be presented with a challenge again!

But of course the key word is "entice" most players would not willingly hurt their farm potential for no reason, so I suggest an affinity boost be given when playing with a weaker build.

If you play with a conclave of X where X is determined by DE to be a fair level, then you get an affinity boost for the mission if you succeed. With the addition of focus this to me would be reason enough to run a mission not packing all my best gear!

I know the first thing people will say is that I can do that right now. I could just take off half my mods and get the challenge I seek, but the problem is I won't do that because I have no motivation to do so other than making a game that should be fun by default, fun again.

This system rewards players who want a challenge, but also doesn't hurt players who would still like to play with their god frames.

So any thoughts on this?

You can already do that, as you said. Offeres nothing new. Cannot really support your idea.

Take a look at this instead:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/602794-new-system-proposition-all-enemies-are-100/?hl=raid

This is just an example. There are way more out there, players just don't care about new chalenging content...

they just want more items to farm! :\ and complain about other stuff.

It's really hard to get positive and constructive feedback on new content for veterans.

More incentive to play at a more interesting power level is a great idea.  Good ideas, OP.  Idk if a straight affinity boost is the way to do it, but you may be onto something good.  

No thanks. I would rather not de-equip mods that I have worked so tirelessly to build. 

Hitting the fusion button is soooooo tiring...

Edited by RealPandemonium

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2016 at 2:12 PM, Zylofan said:

so I suggest an affinity boost be given when playing with a weaker build.

but the problem is I won't do that because I have no motivation to do so other than making a game that should be fun by default, fun again.

With the addition of focus this to me would be reason enough to run a mission not packing all my best gear!

I read it just fine.