The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor P Or Opticor

Sarkstandantilus

Question

Greetings again,

Looking to use some forma's this weekend and wanted you all's opinions on which to forma. If you could only choose one... Boltor P or Opticor. I already have a Tonkor/Synoid Simulor for most dmg needs, just looking to change it up. 

In addition, I'm pretty Primary heavy right now, can you forma a melee weapon to a point where it will deal amazing dmg? Or will melee just not be able to keep up later game?

Many thanks for your time and any info is appreciated.

-Sark

11 answers to this question

Personally I would go with Boltor P, it has good uses for all factions and is just all around an amazing gun.

It used to be. Now it is completly outclassed by Braton Prime, Soma Prime and maaaany other weapons. I'd go with Opticor.

Boltor and Rhino Prime both became baby first Prime, both are not that good as you reach higher level enemies

Edited by markus230

It used to be. Now it is completly outclassed by Braton Prime, Soma Prime and maaaany other weapons. I'd go with Opticor.

Boltor and Rhino Prime both became baby first Prime, both are not that good as you reach higher level enemies

When did branton prime get a buff?

Melee is very niche. In order to really make use of it, you'll not only need to build the right weapons, but also have the right build, the right warframe, and the right skills. I personally either use big melees for their ragdoll, or build one that can lay out statuses on crowds effectively, something with good range and status chance so that you can apply corrosive, radiation, viral, etc. Otherwise you could try going with a crit build, but the best ones now require the Acolyte mods to really shine.