Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Convergence Icon Detracts From Game Enjoyment

Jylon

one of the reasons why i like this game is how i can assimilate the perceptive experience of my present time into a mission/challenge and do what needs to be done.  now it is no longer like that.  every few minutes that stupid icon appears large on screen and that horrid squelch of a sound plays....every few minutes...every few minutes....

it is too distracting and ruining the gaming experience i've enjoyed now for the past 1.5 years.  i propose that sound be something more soft and ephemeral or completely removed.  as for the icon itself, it doesn't need a large introduction on screen, but should just be as subtle as a waypoint indicator on screen and the minimap when it is available

It beeps, it flashes, it clutters the UI, it  looks like an objective waypoint on the map during a quick glance.

If you do pick it up, it bleeps when it runs out and has a countdown in the middle of the screen.

What is not to love?

It is like the very definition of how not to UI.

I have started using frames and weapons without lenses attached because of it, it is that bad.

+1 good Sir/Madam.

At first i liked that sytem, but yeah after some runs i feel like its anoying.

Like your doing a mobile def mission and you have a icon far away, your like ok if i go get it i will loose the mission and if i don't get it then i won't get much focus ...

In survival mission that system works, but i don't like it in the other mods.

So i am already not picking them up anymore, or only if they are on my way :/

Which means that i am stuck getting crap focus all the time now with the low % on the lens ...

Edited by clemza

i know this probably isnt something you want to do but if the convergance thing bothers you that much, you can just not use a frame or weapon that has a focus lens on it. i know its not a solution to the problem but it does make it not a problem anymore unless you are farming for forcus.

i personally like that it announces its presence but i agree it could be a little less jarring and a bit more smooth

Edited by Caobie