The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron Builds

-Amaterasu-

Question

14 answers to this question

I would consider dropping another forma or 2 on it, swapping Rime for straight elemenetal dmg, and swapping Heavy Caliber for another element. Heavy Caliber works better on guns where accuracy isn't as important, but with a sniper, especially running argon scope, you're going to want to keep that accuracy. 

Got 3 formas on and still a weak weapon, formas wasted.

Place formas on Vectis, Rubico, Lanka instead

Vectis prime need just 3, Lanka 6 and Rubico 7 (but might i wrong, im not online to check atm, still pretty sure)

Ok mister Epeen minmaxer. Maybe he might, y'know, want to use a weapon that isn't super mainstream for minmaxing. Shockingly, people like specific guns and want to bring out the best in them ~LE GASP~

Ok mister Epeen minmaxer. Maybe he might, y'know, want to use a weapon that isn't super mainstream for minmaxing. Shockingly, people like specific guns and want to bring out the best in them ~LE GASP~

Lol he can use the weapon he prefer of course, still the damage output on Snipetron is not that great, plus critical chance is bad for this kind of weapon and zoom is way too much.. There are so better snipers around, no need to be mad on me because of that

Lol he can use the weapon he prefer of course, still the damage output on Snipetron is not that great, plus critical chance is bad for this kind of weapon and zoom is way too much.. There are so better snipers around, no need to be mad on me because of that

I'm  not mad that there are snipers with better numbers, I'm tired of every gawdamn elitist saying that weapons that are still viable are garbage because they aren't the top dog. A game is supposed to be fun, who the F*** are you to say that his effort was wasted bringing the best out of a gun he likes? 

I'm not mad that there are snipers with better numbers, I'm tired of every gawdamn elitist saying that weapons that are still viable are garbage because they aren't the top dog. A game is supposed to be fun, who the F*** are you to say that his effort was wasted bringing the best out of a gun he likes?

If you read my 1st post i just said that i placed 3 formas on it and left it behind caus was a weird weapon to me, in the last post i said that of coirse he could use any weapon he feel like..

So.. What do you talking about?? Any weapon is viable, Snipetron on Apollodorus is perfect during the first 20 mins if you can deal with the high zoomed scope lol

Rime Rounds and Heavy Caliber must become your two Elementals.

having the right Elemental Combo will increase the Damage you deal on each shot by ~500%+.

since you have Puncture/Ice, i assume Grineer Loadout?

which then i'd recommend:

VdO0Kmf.png

- being a Puncture Weapon, vs Grineer, Snipetron and Snipetron Vandal can compete against the other Sniper Rifles, with much better Damage vs Ferrite Armor plus a bit more against Alloy Armor.

- not to mention innate Punch-Through gives you room for an extra Damage Mod in general, whether that be another Elemental or Argon Scope to get it's Crits better than all but Lanka (though realistically actually better, since 12x is not that practical on Lanka, and 7x is 92.5%, while with Argon Scope Snipetron Vandal would get 96.25% while still retaining Punch-Through).

- wider game knowledge results in more specific detail, not just "doesn't make the biggest Damage Number so must be inferior". Warframe is more complicated than that in most situations.

ergo, Piercing Caliber is superb vs Grineer, questionable for Corpus and Corrupted.

while i love the .338 Lapua sound that Snipetron Vandal makes, realistically you should probably consider using Lanka instead. most reliable Crits is a big selling point.

If you read my 1st post i just said that i placed 3 formas on it and left it behind caus was a weird weapon to me, in the last post i said that of coirse he could use any weapon he feel like..

So.. What do you talking about?? Any weapon is viable, Snipetron on Apollodorus is perfect during the first 20 mins if you can deal with the high zoomed scope lol

...The utter stupidity here is astounding, to the point it doesn't even warrant a response. Try reading your won posts and sticking to one argument, rather than flopping about like a limp $&*^.

...The utter stupidity here is astounding, to the point it doesn't even warrant a response. Try reading your won posts and sticking to one argument, rather than flopping about like a limp $&*^.

One more guy here just said that would be better if he swap to Lanka but yeah.. Im stupid caus i said it first..

PS. Your insults are really amusing to me, you offend the others just because different point of views on a videogame digital weapon

Rime Rounds and Heavy Caliber must become your two Elementals.

having the right Elemental Combo will increase the Damage you deal on each shot by ~500%+.

since you have Puncture/Ice, i assume Grineer Loadout?

which then i'd recommend:

VdO0Kmf.png

- being a Puncture Weapon, vs Grineer, Snipetron and Snipetron Vandal can compete against the other Sniper Rifles, with much better Damage vs Ferrite Armor plus a bit more against Alloy Armor.

- not to mention innate Punch-Through gives you room for an extra Damage Mod in general, whether that be another Elemental or Argon Scope to get it's Crits better than all but Lanka (though realistically actually better, since 12x is not that practical on Lanka, and 7x is 92.5%, while with Argon Scope Snipetron Vandal would get 96.25% while still retaining Punch-Through).

- wider game knowledge results in more specific detail, not just "doesn't make the biggest Damage Number so must be inferior". Warframe is more complicated than that in most situations.

ergo, Piercing Caliber is superb vs Grineer, questionable for Corpus and Corrupted.

while i love the .338 Lapua sound that Snipetron Vandal makes, realistically you should probably consider using Lanka instead. most reliable Crits is a big selling point.

I mostly just build for either Viral or Radiation (Sometimes both) for my builds since I like their effects I don't normally try too hard to max out damage but I wanted to see what the Snipetron could do if I tried I personally have never had trouble getting red crits with it but maby I'm just lucky It's still my favorite sniper which is the only reason I choose it over something that has a higher DPS I primarily just use it on things my Atomos can't kill in less than 2 seconds

One more guy here just said that would be better if he swap to Lanka but yeah.. Im stupid caus i said it first..

after like, 3 paragraphs of explaining what Snipetron Vandal does well and how/when it can be competitive with other options.

I mostly just build for either Viral or Radiation (Sometimes both) for my builds since I like their effects

I personally have never had trouble getting red crits with it but maby I'm just lucky

while i love Status too, you'll be objectively better served by going for maximum Damage. i agree that Radiation/Viral Effects are great - but applying them with a Sniper Rifle is not exactly the most amazing result.

i'll be honest though, i had two Status Elementals on Snipetron Vandal instead of Hellfire and Argon Scope(still Radiation though) until i looked into this thread, as i hadn't bothered updating the Loadout as it was performing acceptably.

Argon Scope is damn important though, reliable Crits is... important.

uhh... you'd have to use Critical Delay or Arcane Avenger on top of Point Strike and Argon Scope in order to Red Crit with Snipetron Vandal. Red Crits with 25% Crit Chance takes a lot of Crit bonuses.

maybe you're thinking of a different Weapon. 

Edited by taiiat

after like, 3 paragraphs of explaining what Snipetron Vandal does well and how/when it can be competitive with other options.

while i love Status too, you'll be objectively better served by going for maximum Damage. i agree that Radiation/Viral Effects are great - but applying them with a Sniper Rifle is not exactly the most amazing result.

i'll be honest though, i had two Status Elementals on Snipetron Vandal instead of Hellfire and Argon Scope(still Radiation though) until i looked into this thread, as i hadn't bothered updating the Loadout as it was performing acceptably.

Argon Scope is damn important though, reliable Crits is... important.

uhh... you'd have to use Critical Delay or Arcane Avenger on top of Point Strike and Argon Scope in order to Red Crit with Snipetron Vandal. Red Crits with 25% Crit Chance takes a lot of Crit bonuses.

maybe you're thinking of a different Weapon. 

No, I am 100% certain I have been getting red crits with this I will screenshot it when I can if I can manage to time it right

Edit: Just did a few missions to see if I could get them and I only seem to be getting red crits on Bursas for some reason after doing the math I shouldn't even be able to do that but those seem to be the only enemy that happens on not sure why

Edit 2: Just a FYI in general the Snipetron Vandal's combo starts on the first shot so maby that's why it seems to do so much damage for me compared to other snipers

Edited by -Amaterasu-

No, I am 100% certain I have been getting red crits with this I will screenshot it when I can if I can manage to time it right

Edit: Just did a few missions to see if I could get them and I only seem to be getting red crits on Bursas for some reason after doing the math I shouldn't even be able to do that but those seem to be the only enemy that happens on not sure why

Edit 2: Just a FYI in general the Snipetron Vandal's combo starts on the first shot so maby that's why it seems to do so much damage for me compared to other snipers

- yes, i've been seeing Red Crits from time to time on Bursas as well. Vaykor Hek w/ just 47.5% in total also getting some Red Crits (what in the f...).

absolutely not the Player to be blamed there, they saw the Red Number even though it's mathematically impossible for it to have happened.

- an early Damage Bonus from the Counter helps too, yes.

- yes, i've been seeing Red Crits from time to time on Bursas as well. Vaykor Hek w/ just 47.5% in total also getting some Red Crits (what in the f...).

absolutely not the Player to be blamed there, they saw the Red Number even though it's mathematically impossible for it to have happened.

- an early Damage Bonus from the Counter helps too, yes.

Search "red critical hits using Atomos" on youtube

5% critical chance.. But still happened lol