Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frustration And Videogames - Help With Ba Survey

Vulnox

Thanks to everyone who participated in my survey!! :) The survey is now offline.

Hey everyone,

I am quite sure many of you have encountered situations, in which you became frustrated, while playing videogames.

Since I am currently trying to get my bachelor's degree, I'd be really really happy if you could help me with answering some questions. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes of your time. :)

I chose this topic, because it's a really interesting one. This is why:

In 2014 the universities of Rochester and Oxford worked together for a study, which stated a new reason for aggression in videogames, frustration. It also states that it is not the games content, what is the reason for a players aggression, but his/her incompetence to master a games content or its' controls.

However, they also made clear, they just analysed short-term effects.

If you are interested in such things, feel free to google:

"competence-impeding electronic games and players’ aggressive feelings, thoughts, and behaviors."

If you want to, feel free to take part in this survey and share the link with other gamers. It would really help me. :)

http://goo.gl/forms/nEUxyKMqcP

Thanks alot to everyone participating :)

Cheers,

Vulnox

Edited by Vulnox

Thanks to all of you so far :)

Glad WF has such a supportive community.

Just saying, the table on the last page is pretty broken on mobile, I can't seem to swipe it to select other options :/

I'm sorry for this.. Sadly I'm not able to change the layout on Google Formular. Still, this seems to be a problem in a small amount of cases. (You're the 2nd to report that, and I appreciate it.) still sorry for it though :/

But a month ago I was in your position, OP, just a different topic and lower importance (winter exam session). Hope you get your degree for that! I'll tell my gaming friends to help you with it.

Appreciated! Hope your exam went as you wished for. ;)

Done, made me realize I hate players:P

Players hating Players, same old story :D

I done it.

I deserve a Danke. (xD)

Danke ;)

Done and done.

Appreciated and even more appreciated

It's not I can't master the games, it's that other people piss me off.

Not being able to master a game was a reason highlighted by the work of Rochester and Oxford. The did not use multiplayergames, however, people were more likely to hurt others, when the weren't able to master a game. Since they only used singleplayer games, I chose the topic of multiplayer games in connection to frustration. :)

There you go.

And just for the record: recently i got frustraded for the first time in a long time while playing Dark Souls 2. Some enemies made me extremely angry to the point where i started screaming at them and cursing them.

This game is literally made to $&*^ around with you.

Goddamn stunlocking A******s that have no pause between attacks or pause so short you have no time to dodge after attack... Just ARGH! All of ARGHs!

Nothing frustruates me more than odds being against you, not because you are unlucky but because it was designed to be that way. I just can't handle unfairnes, that's all.

Yet makes the victory so much more pleasant...