Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur skill switch 1th and 2th skill

antimab-EGT-

He has a point. Radial Blind right now is underperforming due to high costs of 40 energy, while Slash Dash is clearly overfperforming with killing almost everything in a line for mere 25 Energy.

I have an Excalibur myself and i was one of those players antimab was talking with and i agree with him. I never see an Excalibur using another skill than Slash Dash, purely because it's just too good.

Radial blind? are you insane?

why not ... no other frame has a 1th skill with such high dmg aoe (I know rhino has the aoe, but not the high amount of dmg)

Its not like you would lose the skill and it would be no nerf in dmg or aoe just a bit more energy costs, also radial blind would be cheaper

so it would be a better price for what it actually does.

Eh, I'm reluctant to advocate nerfing slash dash. It is a fun move and it works well. It really makes you feel like a powerful space ninja, so I'm reluctant to have it nerfed. Personally, I don't want it to be nerfed.

Of course, I also use radial blind on occasion. I find it useful to allow me to shoot or slash a bunch of guys if I'm ever surrounded. Plus, it works on some bosses too and that is just great!

I'm playing around with some other warframes now and I'll see how the compare to Excalibur. Still, if slash dash is better then their abilities, I would advocate buffing their abilities rather then nerfing slash dash. The fact that I see some people complaining about Volt being OP though, makes me think that we just all have different opinions though.

Oh, and its 1st & 2nd, sorry, 1th just bugs me. Sorry sorry, I'll tell grammar man to go back to his corner now.

Edited by cypherhalo

a friend of me is using excalibur, and he said that dash is way to strong how it is now.

the energy cost for this skill is to low, compared to what you get.

i think there was a time where dash could hit only one target, now it hits everything in its line.

he would switch dash with the jump ability and increase its costs, also he would add a buff to the jump where you get a damage buff if you use your airstrike while jumping high.

Right, the baseline ability only hits one target that you aim for. Second upgrade attacks everything in the patch, and third upgrade extends the distance. It is a strong ability for sure, but that is the core of Excaliber's mechanic. It's only an inexpensive ability if you've got the upgrades on your total energy pool.

I'm forced to agree that Slash Dash is probably a bit too powerful for its own good, while it hasn't taken over the other skills utility wise (Getting a stealth kill as an Ex after an alarm is incredibly difficult without Blinding around a corner then hitting with a high powered weapon or heavy melee) it's become too much of a skill thief.

Instead of developing a better reflex to deal with a crowd of enemies that are too much for a straight up fight you jump for a one hit wonder.

With a limited energy pool this is less of an issue but after you pick up an energy siphon you can basically charge through long hallways freely chopping whatever happened to be there.

How about narrowing the Dash so instead of a big swath its a more spear tipped strike, killing smaller lesser enemies in the path but stopping/impacting at miniboss/boss like enemies with a reasonable stun. Why have it stop right infront of a boss with a stunning hit? Well I think it should play more of a combo role than a one hit wonder (thats Radial Javelin's job) so why not turn super jump into Sky/Rising Blade, a cheap but strong energy attack that sends the user into the usual Super Jump but does great damage to an enemy immediately in front of the Excalibur letting him land a small distance behind the target so he can choose to either run to safety while the boss quickly recovers from the combo OR turn and fire some finishing rounds into the weakened enemy.

That sounds more ninjaish/awesome than playing Sci Fi lawnmower where you Dash to and fro enemies sweeping so that your allies can wonder when they get to use their own fun powers.

Oh, and its 1st & 2nd, sorry, 1th just bugs me. Sorry sorry, I'll tell grammar man to go back to his corner now.

No, it goes 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc.

It's embarassing that people can't even comprehend something this basic about their own written language.

Your "grammar man" is precisely in the right to be speaking up about it.

Edited by Anti051

swithing both energy cost and slot would work imo

in that regard, why not sort the skills by energy cost ? 1st jump (10), 2nd blind (25), 3rd slashdash (50), 4th radial (100)

although i think radial isnt very radial, i think its not really 360degrees around the player, and also doesnt hit lower ground/prone targets (which sux)

Edited by SlickJoint