The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About The Market Weapons.

(PSN)sb001001

Question

New player here, looking for some advice.

Which weapons (available through the market) would be a good choice to use a potatoe on?

I’ve taken a liking to the Boltor but I guess getting the prime will cost me some plat now. Haven’t tried the Latron yet, wasn’t particularly fond of the Burston, I like the Kohm but that runs out of ammo pretty quick if you spam the trigger like I do.

For secondaries I haven’t really found anything I really like and/or use. So far the throwing stars/knives are my favourites.

For melee I’ve tried quite a few things already (Magistar, Bo, Skana, dual Zoren, Galgatine f.e.) and dual heat swords is my go to choice most of the times.

Looking for tips about what I should try next and what would be good for giving a catalyst if I end up liking it. I started building the Tonkor yesterday, I’ve been seeing that one mentioned quite a lot...

Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

Hek, that shotgun will take you places if you give it some love.

Any of the MR4 shotguns really. Hek, Tigris and Sobek are all solid for beginners and the shotgun damage mod Point Blank is only a five-ranker vs the others being ten rank mods. Same thing with corrupted(Vicious Spread) and Nightmare(Blaze).The only drawback is that none of these come with polarities to start with according to the wiki.

(There is technically a Primed Point Blank mod that goes to ten ranks but you won't need that for the star chart. Everything in the normal missions and the weapons stats were balanced before that was in the game.)

Edited by VKhaun

You can easily fit a Shotgun Ammo Mutation on Kohm to mitigate ammo woes.

Soma and Karak are solid (but have upgraded versions).

If you keep missing with the Tonkor, try the Penta, so satisfying to land a long-range ballistic snipe :D

Atomos is a beast as are the Twin Grakatas,

Akmagnus can go either status or crit to great effect,

Furis with the Augment makes you nigh-immortal,

Kulstar is a bit risky but can spread massive AoE damage,

Sonicor is kind of a safer version with less range (but ragdolls instead, woo).

E.g. Redeemer is a fun / powerful melee choice,

though really, nothing beats Orthos Prime (OMG Maiming Strike) in my book :P