The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Little Help With Saryn Build?

Jerakl

Question

None of my friends have really played saryn so I've kinda just been wingin' it.

Energy Siphon and Corrosive Projection are interchanged a lot.

Below I'll explain each of my decisions so you can look at how I'm thinking.

Streamline - Used to reduce energy cost (no S#&$)

Steel Fiber - Used to increase already decent armor

Flow - So I can spam 1 and 2

Regenerative Molt - So I can regen health fast (5000 over 10 seconds) and provides a short distraction

Vitality - Used in tandem with Steel Fiber for increased endurance (if I'm understanding how armor works correctly that is)

Intensify - I like spamming 1

Power Drift - Again, I like spamming 1

Energy Siphon - Switched out with Corrosive Projection depending on what I'm doing

(I may be interpreting some of the mods wrong, like assuming armor affects how much damage you take to hp etc. Help with that would be nice.)

97HuFNs.jpg

Thanks for any tips you can give fam

12 answers to this question

remove energy siphon and put in an appropriate polarity matching mod

stick in rage to work with your vitality+regenerative molt+flow.

maybe some more power strength

definitely toss in a stretch- it makes your spores spread further, increases the explosion radius of molt (which btw, the explosion applies a 100% toxin proc), and boosts miasma's range as well.

You said you like spamming #1, so I suggest you use a build not entirely unlike n9Iru.jpg

Edit: some clarification on the decisions I've made here:

Steel Fiber instead of Vitality because it feeds Rage about as well as Vitality, and is easier to restore the lower health

Range and duration make it so you don't have to cast very often to get viral procced on everything everywhere

Build is basically just a tanky support, to get Viral on everything. Transient Fortitude brings the strength back up enough that Regenerative Molt heals you quickly.

Edited by ChronoEclipse

i hope this would help.. :3 

i m keep spamming 1 + 2 for AOE effect then press 4

sorry though since mine 4th star forma build, 

regen Molt are good when you need health + it would cover enemy with slime when detonate.. 

Warframe0209.jpg

Edited by Blood_Poppy

as a 1+2 player, i dont think having streamline, flow, rage and energy siphon all together are necessary. Id keep rage replace at least one of the others with something else. (health, armor, strength, utility?)

basically, spores is meant to spread itself so it shouldnt need to be spammed; and if molt is being spammed, then rage should cover the cost.

thats just my experience.

This build confuses me on so many levels, Does the damage mitigation combined with the healing really help you survive more than vitality?

I play squish frames 99% of the time, and rarely use health/shield mods, so my knowledge on this subject is.... limited. I do know that Steel Fiber makes me significantly tougher than otherwise, without increasing the time it takes Regenerative Molt to heal me. I also know that more armor means more energy (from Rage) for a given amount of health lost.

If memory serves, each tic of Regenerative Molt heals almost all of my health, so my only real worry is being oneshotted.

I don't think this is a good build for really high-level stuff, but he's got no forma on his Saryn anyway, so meh.

remove energy siphon and put in an appropriate polarity matching mod

stick in rage to work with your vitality+regenerative molt+flow.

maybe some more power strength

definitely toss in a stretch- it makes your spores spread further, increases the explosion radius of molt (which btw, the explosion applies a 100% toxin proc), and boosts miasma's range as well.

I'm going to forma soon to change it to a infinitely more useful (to me) - polarity.

i hope this would help.. :3 

i m keep spamming 1 + 2 for AOE effect then press 4

sorry though since mine 4th star forma build, 

regen Molt are good when you need health + it would cover enemy with slime when detonate.. 

Warframe0209.jpg

^ This. But instead of energy siphon you can go for CP, if you have access to zenurik that is. Also you can replace regen molt with other stuff, just put on a lifestrike on a "redeemer" which solves hp/spore issues.

This should be in players helping players, a mod will move it :P

Anyway, here is my build : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=625624553

Swaping bd for transient fortitude will let you have 170 eff and 90 strength if you are more int eff. Adding a exilus slot can give you a bit more on range or streng. Personally, i will use this build once the prime arrives and forma her a lot and add exilus:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=625626054

I know its equinox, but i really like this kind of build: its all around and hive me enough room for 2 spare mods( will change an augmet for constitution).

^ This. But instead of energy siphon you can go for CP, if you have access to zenurik that is. Also you can replace regen molt with other stuff, just put on a lifestrike on a "redeemer" which solves hp/spore issues.

i try conserve my energy from channeling Melee + he can swap it Either CP or Energy Siphon since i have forma the aura slot to compatible for both.. too bad I'm on Naramon + you can have life strike effect via Furis with New Loka Mod or New Loka Weapons/Steel Meridian.. and i prefer balance build without relying on Corrupted mods.. 

P/S : just give this guy freedom to choose and use any post as cross reference.. :3

Edited by Blood_Poppy