Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slide Nerf - - Thank You!

SoggyCow

As another Rhino player, I used the slides to regen my stamina. I'd be able to regen enough to keep running while still maintaining a reasonable speed (with 20% Rush).

I think everyone did this. I know I did. I figure the slide and jumps shouldnt regen your stamina is all. That would have done a lot to slow down people in general, and it would have been a fair change.

i'm sorry hero, for not feeling the need to explain every minute detail to you.

and as for wall running etc, i didnt need to use wallrunning/flings because of the slide. SORRY GUYS IM WHINING AGAIN

I've played Rhino, Frost, Saryn and Vauban, some of the slowest frames in the game (with frost being the slowest as he has no mobility like rhino's charge). Learning to use the the wallruns was pretty much how I kept up with the group, and having a rush mod helped, a lot.

Are you whining? Eh, I'd say try wall running for a bit (if you haven't already) it can really give you a lead over the others if they don't, and by a lead I mean a good 10-20 seconds gain/lead in some areas, especially if they're open so your fling gets you nice and far.

And as for the "i'm sorry hero, for not feeling the need to explain every minute detail to you." You didn't quote any facts/numbers/anything really other than the obvious "rhino is slow, loki is fast" which I guess kinda counts, but eh. Even with the slide it still wouldn't help vs a loki doing the same thing, or one intent on sprinting to the end fast.

If your team is fighting enemies no warframe, slow or fast, with a Sprint mod will be left behind. Frost is my second most played warframe and I never needed to exploit movement bugs.

This will not be returning to the game, and I applaud DE for fixing this. It looked stupid, and was totally unnecessary for teamplay.

This ^ In higher level areas trying to rush through an area will get you killed, meaning it kinda forced you to be a team, lest the 10+grineers unload a million bullets at you and you die.

If your team is fighting enemies no warframe, slow or fast, with a Sprint mod will be left behind. Frost is my second most played warframe and I never needed to exploit movement bugs.

This will not be returning to the game, and I applaud DE for fixing this. It looked stupid, and was totally unnecessary for teamplay.

I wish i had that 100% of the time i played warframe. Not a single rusher bypassing any enemies. That'd be gold.

I wish i had that 100% of the time i played warframe. Not a single rusher bypassing any enemies. That'd be gold.

Solo, or find a group then, might take awhile but it'd be more fun that trying to compete in terms of speed as the 2nd slowest frame in the game.

Horus000 cries like a mofo! Man, tanks are slow in all games. Tanks are slow in real life. You chose to be slow, if ur not happy with it, be a different frame.

leave the insults out please so this thread doesn't get locked... I do kinda agree that if you don't like being last, you should find a new frame then. When I picked up rhino for a bit I KNEW I'd be left behind, and always would be, that was a sacrifice I was willing to make to play rhino though.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I found myself getting left behind more than fighting with the group now. I am a Frost (sprint mod) with Loki's, Ash, and all of those kinds of warframes, and they leave me in the dust to one shot all of the mobs and the boss as I struggle to catch up.

Don't get me started on stamina.

And as for the "i'm sorry hero, for not feeling the need to explain every minute detail to you." You didn't quote any facts/numbers/anything really other than the obvious "rhino is slow, loki is fast" which I guess kinda counts, but eh. Even with the slide it still wouldn't help vs a loki doing the same thing, or one intent on sprinting to the end fast.

Your experience with the game is obviously stronger than mine, so why is it so hard for you to use your brain and try to think about all the things that i didnt believe anyone needed to have stated? Ever heard the term "state the obvious"? Stating that rhino is slow and loki is fast is obvious, but the only obvious things i felt necessary to explain. As my understanding was that there are vastly more experienced players on here that would be able to think laterally from what i had stated. Clearly i was wrong. Clearly you need to have all the details and information spoon fed to you like a cripple. Clearly you cant think back to occasions that would allow you realise and empathise my position. Instead you mock and ridicule and disregard whatever merit there is behind my posts.

Your experience with the game is obviously stronger than mine, so why is it so hard for you to use your brain and try to think about all the things that i didnt believe anyone needed to have stated? Ever heard the term "state the obvious"? Stating that rhino is slow and loki is fast is obvious, but the only obvious things i felt necessary to explain. As my understanding was that there are vastly more experienced players on here that would be able to think laterally from what i had stated. Clearly i was wrong. Clearly you need to have all the details and information spoon fed to you like a cripple. Clearly you cant think back to occasions that would allow you realise and empathise my position. Instead you mock and ridicule and disregard whatever merit there is behind my posts.

And as for the "i'm sorry hero, for not feeling the need to explain every minute detail to you." You didn't quote any facts/numbers/anything really other than the obvious "rhino is slow, loki is fast" which I guess kinda counts

I admit I skimmed until I saw the "im not whining, im stating facts" things, my bad. And I HAVE NOT mocked or ridiculed you, I've stated that learning to do wallflings/runs would help you keep up, and lastly maybe consider swapping to a faster frame.

And as I stated, I've played PLENTY of slow frames, only played 2 of my measly 7 frames have been faster than 1.0 sprint speed so I fully understand where you're coming from, but you shouldn't need to rely on a "bug/exploit/whateveryouwanttocallit" to keep up.

And tbh, the only way of movement I have a problem with is that "dumb" knifeskating thing. Hopefully they fixed it now (not sure what they meant by slide cooldown, I assume they meant the slide chain jumps, which still work as far as I can tell, maybe a little slower)

Sorry, whining - not allowed - just remembered. stopping whining now guys. im gonna leave these legitimate arguments of mine be, because its just whining.

Arguments? Eh... I feel a better matchmaking system would work (i.e. options for kicks, search only for people looking to explorer, etc)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Personally, I liked how it was before. Quite frankly I find it kinda boring now. No more of that epic feeling I get when I flip and slide slash through monsters as I did before =[. I do it less often and game play feels a lot slower.

sprint mod?

rhino with rush:

1.03 rush speed

(ignore the stamina, loki and ash have way higher stamina anyway no chance to catch up at all)

loki with rush:

loki with switch tp and decoy = no chance to catch up with normal sprinting anyway

slide made people be able to catch up

but the most $&*&*#(%& thing is whine whine use sprint mod and stop whining honestly guys use knife waving yourself and stop whining?

Fk sake dude u talk such way as with infinity slide u can catch up with loki who is also with infinity slide. You are blowing my mind.

Edited by Keetsune

Everybody is looking at it, all "rusher this rusher that" and "speed this, speed that", but when it comes to combat, it lost quite a but of what made it fun. Ever did a ninja flip and followed it up by slamming a Gram in an enemy's face? Yeah, was the coolest thing ever.

I used to be able to do multiple launching uppercuts because of the slide attack movement being spammable, but i guess they have to do something about it because its not too "ninja" (even though the only ninja part is the melee and kunais)

I used to be able to do multiple launching uppercuts because of the slide attack movement being spammable, but i guess they have to do something about it because its not too "ninja" (even though the only ninja part is the melee and kunais)

corpus are more ninja than us, they can simply jump on big boxes without problems >.>

I feel for you Horus000. Have a rhino and an ember. Rhino is slow as dirt.

Asa rhino, i needed the slide to be able to keep up with loki's and banshees. now because of this i will be left far far behind.

Just do what I do..let them die if they run out of range of the tank. They stop doing it really really quickly.

Keetsune:

Use sprint related mods, stop whine.

AugmentedJustice:

Sprint mod.

You two..are bloody $&*&*#(%& and have never played rhino, at least not in any thing more than yet another DPS.Lets see...4 Abilities, all needed. Too bad we don't have a useless ability like superjump or fireball to polarize off, but alas, all of our abilities are useful and have purpose.Redirection, Fast Deflection, Vitality, Flow, Streamline, Continuity. (For max keeping up of Ironskin/ability spam to control (CC) the enemies).Hmm..4+6=10. So to you two numbskulls. Where exactly would he put the Rush/Marathon (He burns his stamina so fast, marathon actually provides better results but again..its obvious you have never played rhino and are talking out of your arse).Sigh.The slide nerf needs to be reverted, at least for Rhino, for the love of Cthulhu. It serves no purpose and is $&*&*#(%&. Sprint, slide, sprint, slow slide (and get up quickly), sprint, slide.The nerf is:1)Useless2)Ineffective (Ways around it to trick the CD into resetting)Seriously, reverse the nerf. If people want to run around like chickens teabagging the ground like retards then so be it. Rhino is the only one with any excuse for this as he needs to in order to keep his stamina up.

EDIT:Apparently they got rid of multi-quote for some reason. Woo. Also, quotes seem to not be displaying right, scuse the mess.

Edited by Cypherdiaz

As smug as the OP is being about this. The slide nerf makes playing a slow warframe a little tiring, sprint/stamina and recharge mods will help sure, but you'll be left in the dust by faster warframes who don't even need to use those mods. Warframes should not be mission specific, you should be able to contribute in some form or another with your favourite frame. When you spend the mission trying to keep up and not killing anything, that takes some fun out of the game.

A filter so you can play with likeminded players would be a pretty reasonable solution to this rusher problem aswell. Nerfing movement takes the feeling of being a Ninja out of the game.

Edited by Hiatt

Been waiting for this nerf for a very long time. Am already noticing a dramatic improvement in playing quality. Nobody is sliding everywhere instead of running normally, we are all in the same group fightning now. This is wonderful! Personally I think it could use another 0.4 sec nerf but omg this is so much better!

This is Slide-Online no more!

THANK YOU D.E.!!!

Yeah. So awesome. Its not like you could have played private... No. Better punish everyone. Man. You are so hilarious....

Edited by Venarge

Have people not used the sprint toggle...? I don't understand what's wrong. I move/slide just fine now with the toggle option.

Am I missing something besides the slide attack launch in the air?

I've played with both fast and slow frames and honestly haven't had a hard time adapting to the upbeat tempo of the game that most people seem to play at. If anything, it helped me get better with the wall running and other mechanics of the game in order to learn short cuts and be more mobile overall. Now I can feel your pain with the slide attack launch, but my other movements and combos have all been fine now that they added toggled sprint.

Been waiting for this nerf for a very long time. Am already noticing a dramatic improvement in playing quality. Nobody is sliding everywhere instead of running normally, we are all in the same group fightning now. This is wonderful! Personally I think it could use another 0.4 sec nerf but omg this is so much better!

This is Slide-Online no more!

THANK YOU D.E.!!!

Heh, I can still slide jump chain just like before! This nerf stops nothing! Edited by RyojinOrion

The community is arguing and insulting each other about who's too fast or too slow, ruining each others gameplay, etc. You can nerf an aspect that gives speed as much as you want, the slower frame will always be slower when everyone's adjusted in the same way up and down.

The problem is not the speed of the frames, or what a skilled player can archive by using the possibilities of the system (i can still slide/jump through the maps quiet fast, but i play solo or with my friends so hold back your QQ). The problem is the lack of reward in terms of resources for exploring a map.

People rush through the maps cause there is no reason not to do it, if you rush through them you get all the resources you find on the way to the exit plus the mission objective bonus, if you explore you waste time backtracking and moving through already looted corridors a lot and get less mission bonuses per time invested into the game. Exploration is punished in terms of resources aquired per time invested into the game... so people rush, cause the game promotes that gameplay, no matter the speed buffs or nerfs to the frame.

I think you misread the post.. He was saying that other things like wall running and flipping took more skill than simply sliding endlessly. Anyways, I'm just saying I think you directed your rage to the wrong guy xD but that's ok. Have a nice day.

Except that only horizontal wallbouncing took "more skill". And even then, it's very situational as you can't execute it anywhere. Otherwise all other points he raised were simply: face wall, press shift, press W, hold space, pretend you have skill while game does it for you.