Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slide Nerf - - Thank You!

SoggyCow

Hahah nice one smart azz now it's what SPRINT online ? maybe they should take that way too and we should be called space turtles ?

What they did is ruined the smooth flow of movement and added a toggle sprint option promoting more rushers.

All i gotta say to this thread is "raises middle finger" thanks for ruining this game please die in hell with lots of bees.

If you're also not agreeing with the post the idiot behind this thread provided i suggest follow the link and support the thread to give us back what we deserve.

Someone named SoggyCow complaining about fast flow of movement ironic.

Why do you always attack everybody who you don't agree with? Your always calling them names OR in my case asking me if i want links to IQ test sites.

I'm just asking why do find it necessary to insult everybody you don't agree with?

fixed that for ya

TBH, a better limitation would have been a cooldown on slide melee, probably would have been better received overall, because that's the "biggest exploit" movement wise.

If they wanted to fix exploits they would have done that. Starting with the helicopter.

But they didn't, all they did was make it S#&$ for everyone.

If they wanted to fix exploits they would have done that. Starting with the helicopter.

But they didn't, all they did was make it S#&$ for everyone.

Eh, they thought this was the best solution. They have done dumb things before (i.e. market changes to almost all BPs, Dojo costs not scaling, Rhino's initial IS nerf) so I kinda expect this is a stopgap until they figure out something for the slide melee/are waiting for the next hotfix. Or something.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Im not happy with this nerf nor sad

cause most of the time, i repeat MOST of the time i always arrive at extraction 1st before anyone else

oh and i equipped with thrak helm FYI

its the player not the frame, loki can be turtle, and rhino can charge all the way till finish

simple as that

oh and btw, stop saying using sprint mod !

im Rhino, im a piece of brainless muscle chunk!

I slaughter everything in a blink of an eye!

I use my excal and volt to roam across map easily

Rush for rhino? shame on our kind. .

i forgot something to tell u rolling maniacs

if u use toggle sprint u can still use your oh-so-mighty-the-only-way-to-reach-extraction

*infinite sliding*

but maybe wont long  when DE fix this :/

ive been playing all day. noticed a huge good difference in team work, nobody is sliding everywhere like nuts. and the team is actually a team now sicking together instead of sliding apart. if it were up to me, i would increase the cooldown on the slide by another 1.5 seconds. this is wonderful :D

Edited by SoggyCow

ive been playing all day. noticed a huge good difference in team work, nobody is sliding everywhere like nuts. and the team is actually a team now sicking together instead of sliding apart. if it were up to me, i would increase the cooldown on the slide by another 1.5 seconds. this is wonderful :D

that or you got a bunch of new players that don't know how to slide properly yet.

RNG is RNG even with the people  you play.

for example i logged  a ton of hours into this game and yet to see a single rusher that just ignored the enemies.

Go fast or go solo. Since now you know that DE is a radical extremist anti-sanic group who wants to eliminate quick movement from a game that's all about mobility, going fast is something you're required to do because if you don't go fast, then you're slow. Going slow is what our overlords want, goyim, it's the perfect setup for a Platinum-only speed booster or something like that. You have to go fast even if you want to go slow, so you can keep the freedom to go fast.

And your shockwave will catch up with you and tear you to itty bitty pieces.

Edited by Naples

How about instead of creating and arguing in threads like this, we make creative threads and stop overshadowing them with this argument and stuff like that.

Right now the creative threads are being overshadowed by threads like this one

Links to creative threads: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/61649-suggestion-smarter-ai/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/57682-suggestion-enemy-weapon-mods/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/61672-new-sentinel-idea/

See, there was an easier way to do this than the nerf. Instead of having slide let your stamina regen, simply require a set amount of stamina to do so, and lock stamina from regenerating while you're sliding.

That way you'd be forced to stop every once in a while to regenerate, not being able to spam it infinitely.

Maybe the nerf was called for, and maybe it wasn't. But this was one heck of a sloppy way to accomplish getting rid of the slide. Why not just make the slide not go faster than the run (except on slopes)? Or why not make it consume stamina? Maybe have it decelerate rapidly so the player can slide out of a pinch without a net gain on overall speed? Maybe have an animation to roll out of the slide back to standing that makes it not strictly superior to sprinting?

So many options, and we get this. Again, arguments could be made for and against it, but if the plan was to remove it, we could have waited for something more refined to change it, it didn't hurt the game in a way people with Rush can't still do.

Edited by PositronicSpleen

Let's just turn Warframe into a cover shooter. Enemies hit hard on higher levels and I can't avoid or blitz pass or behind them for a take down now. Also toggling shift sprint seems like an oversight and DE will patch this soon. I mainly play solo on the sparsely used oceanic servers, half the time I am playing online but alone and I have to face entire hordes myself. Removing options only makes it harder for solo players.

Edited by fatpig84

From an action paced pearl like UT 2003 used to be when it came out back in the day (walljumps, doublejumps, lift-jumps, jumps jumps jumps) to a stale boring and slow regular shooter with the eversame space environments (you have to enjoy for much longer each mission now).

Sure we still have walljumping in Warframe but really we had that (much better implemented level design wise) in UT2003.

There's just no joy left for a ninja in this. So we adjust and play it like any other boring afk-ish shooter.

Sliding and chaining slides and stuff wasn't insane speed boosts  at all. I slid around and jumped because it was fun. The way it is now you have to wait something like 2 seconds before you aren't slowed while sliding. Kind of lame and ruins the feel/flow of it.

THey should just increase Saryns, Rhinos, and Frost base running speed and that will solve this problem. They have no reason to be so slow in a game all about being fastpaced.

1.6 sprint speed for everyone. Then suddenly, overjoyed Rhino/Frost players.

I know that the two that just have 0.8 sprint speed at least have much better armor to compensate for their slowness but... still... seems like a pain to play as them when it isn't an endless defense mission.

Asa rhino, i needed the slide to be able to keep up with loki's and banshees. now because of this i will be left far far behind.

Agreed.  I noticed this almost immediately, but thought maybe it was just because I was starting to level my Mag again.

The slide nerf is terrible, now Lokis just complete all objectives without any of us having a chance to catch-up.  Happened like 30x today.

DE, please revert this -- space ninjas need to jump and slide; it just doesn't feel comfortable or nearly as enjoyable anymore :|

The only thing I didn't like about this nerf is that I need to keep holding the sprint button during a jump in order to get back into a slide midair or else I'll end up crouching and being slower than intended.