Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add A Dial To Mods.

Thezanman

Add a little dial on the side of mod cards so that you can set it to any of the ranks that you've leveled up so far. This would let you just have one copy of each mod, not have to worry about losing a mod on one item when you level it up because of not having enough slots, or needing a mod with lower power and not wanting to go through the hassle of finding another and leveling it up again.

that would be SUPER helpful for mods like heavy caliber, fleeting expertise etc. where you dont always want them maxed out.

also, when your frame doesnt have enough forma to fit all the mods you want on it would be helpful to rank down your redirection or vitality a bit to allow you to fit those mods on

This could only work if the mod could remember which rank goes with which frame, till they figure out how to make that work the feature would be too much trouble to use as you'd have to retweak the mod every time you change to a frame with different needs.

As things stand, personally I know I'm stuck with my 3 to 4 copies of Each corrupt mod, it's not perfect but it works.

However.. I agree, activate the feature and let us worry about how it affects our frames.

Pretty sure this would require them to remove the hovering over a mod making it larger as well as it moving around part. which i am pretty sure they wouldn't do. 

You do realize that mods are universal right? If your mod is scaled back, it gets scaled back on every item that the mod is installed on, which means massive micromanaging as you have to change the mod back on every weapon when you need it maxed again. 

This is a terrible idea in practice. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Thezanman said:

Then make it a different setting for each weapon/warframe/whatever. By default it's at whatever rank it's been upgraded to, and you can lower it for one weapon and have it stay the same for every other weapon.

This is the 'harder than we thought' part mentioned above.  You would have 1 mod yes, but internally it would have to save literally hundreds of combinations of that one mod, so that your boltor rank 6 mod doesn't affect your soma rank 10 mod.  Codewise, this would be a nightmare to work out.

Obviously, I and everyone else would love something like this, and they already stated (or inferred at least) that having duplicates is something they want to remedy,   If they can find a solution that doesn't increase the load time of the game / affect how the game performs, I'm all for it, I'm pretty sure they have people working on a solution, but it isn't a major priority and really shouldn't be right now.  Someday, hopefully, just not tomorrow.

+1 Yes please!

if this was done it would be a starting point for witch i would consider buying plat when i get the 75% discount. at the moment getting a orokin cell has the daily log in reward is better then the 75% discount and I hate getting orokin cells from anything other then mob drops.