The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Better Dragon Nikanna Builds?

(PSN)drahkel

Question

Hope so. I just got my buzzkill to add to my build that i've been waiting so long to make, it's decent i get 5k-10k crit damage but it still seems weak against level 50+  enemies. It takes 3-4 slashes to take one down which isn't bad but i am looking for something stronger hopefully. (I do NOT want a channeling build as i rarely channel)

My current build all mods maxed

-decisive judgement

-pressure point

-shocking touch

-molten impact

-north wind

-spoiled strike

-fury

-buzzkill

-fever strike

16 answers to this question

Well I think would be best to change from corrosive to viral.

Why you may ask you said it takes 4 to 5slash right?

and well if your build is not procs build so lets just go over that fact that because is not procs build corrosive will not be proxing much often but if Viral does proc that will lessen the life you have to tear thought which is mainly what I wish to address to at least speed up the amount of damage your doing to lvl 50 you would need 2 corrosive proc but if you proc viral once you would be doing cutting the amount of slash 2-3 if you procs at the right time.

Now I am not sure what your already using but.

For one you could always change some elemental mods for utility.

Now if you have blood rush or body count.

Then you could do quiet the difference ]

Edited by Leavith

My build is this:

-Pressure Point (of course)

-Buzz Kill

-Body Count

-Blood Rush

-Organ Shatter (every hit is critical so you want strong criticals)

-Primed Reach (just for better gameplay, you can switch for elemental damage)

-Spoiled Strike

-Berserker (I like fast attacks, can switch for another damage mod)

-Tranquil Cleave (Stance is personal preference)

Enjoy cutting world in half with 100k+ hits and red crits.

Edited by Seifer_Firehart

My build is this:

-Pressure Point (of course)

-Buzz Kill

-Body Count

-Blood Rush

-Organ Shatter (every hit is critical so you want strong criticals)

-Primed Reach (just for better gameplay, you can switch for elemental damage)

-Spoiled Strike

-Berserker (I like fast attacks, can switch for another damage mod)

-Tranquil Cleave (Stance is personal preference)

Enjoy cutting world in half with 100k+ hits and red crits.

jesus if you're serious about the crit this is exactly what i'm looking for.Where might i be able to get blood rush and body count? i assume they were some sort of event mod no longer in game until next event? thanks everyone who posted, you all said some good stuff that i'll try out

Edited by (PS4)drahkel

Blood rush, body count, berserker, organ shatter, pressure point, must have mods. +2 elemental mods. That's seven. Life strike, that's 8. 

No crit mod, not needed. Furry is not necessery. Forget spoiled strike, undesirable. Buzzkil, not mandatory. 

This is imo ideal setup that gives everything you need. 

Imo corrosive will outdamage viral in higher levels but testing is needed. 

You can buy 2 event mods fairly cheaply, they were abundant, 10p per piece imo. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

jesus if you're serious about the crit this is exactly what i'm looking for.Where might i be able to get blood rush and body count? i assume they were some sort of event mod no longer in game until next event? thanks everyone who posted, you all said some good stuff that i'll try out

You will be getting the event fairly soon.

Blood rush, body count, berserker, organ shatter, pressure point, must have mods. +2 elemental mods. That's seven. Life strike, that's 8. 

No crit mod, not needed. Furry is not necessery. Forget spoiled strike, undesirable. Buzzkil, not mandatory. 

This is imo ideal setup that gives everything you need. 

Imo corrosive will outdamage viral in higher levels but testing is needed. 

You can buy 2 event mods fairly cheaply, they were abundant, 10p per piece imo. 

Yeah, doesn't even need to be crit damage as long as the damage is extremely high over 10k damage. I usually come on and ask for builds because i cannot get a decent build when i try. However, i don't care for life strike as said above i'm not interested in a channeling build and life strike is a channel mod. However, i'll definitely try the rest of your suggestion thank you. 

@Rambit23Z That's awesome, hopefully it is really soon i need blood rush and body count lol

You don't understand - you will get throngs of critical with this build because critical chance with new mod stacks with combo multiplier and he stays forever up. New melee mods are true stars of misery event. Nikana has 20% crit chance, at 2,5 combo multiplier that rises to 102,50%. Check this table

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Rush

As for Life strike, this is imo mandatory melee mod for all frames except trinity. It will replenish your health using energy and damage you receiving will replenish your energy via rage. Rage-life strike is well known mechanics that almost all melee frames extensively use and which allows you to stay alive in endgame content. Not using this would be serious mistake imo. Excal uses this on EB too btw. 

Also, channeling is useful when closing distance with block+channel nullify incoming damage. 

Otherwise I also don't use channel alot, But it can be life saver. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

However, i don't care for life strike as said above i'm not interested in a channeling build and life strike is a channel mod.

Life strike is mainly for when you need to restore health as opposed to actually being for a channelling build. Can be, and is recommended to be, used at rank 0 since you can restore your health in one slide attack usually, and since you have that combo multiplier and chared attacks as well, the need for a life strike at rank 1 or higher becomes less in demand. Though if you're fine stopping your attack briefly use health restores, that's fine too

Yeah i personally prefer just to use a health pad, i find life strike just a waste of a mod slot i could use to make my melee even stronger with a damge/crit/element mod. Do you need to use combos on blood rush or can just regular slashes work too. Just my opinion though

You don't understand - you will get throngs of critical with this build because critical chance with new mod stacks with combo multiplier and he stays forever up. New melee mods are true stars of misery event. Nikana has 20% crit chance, at 2,5 combo multiplier that rises to 102,50%. Check this table

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Rush

If you put on True Steel it gets 164% crit at 2.5x, and 190% at 3x. (135 hits) Strongly reccomend True Steel since it scales off of modded crit, not base.

Wait for bloodrush+body count.

PC event, just ended recently. Consoles will get it later.

You mean to say that it will ad more damage then regular elemental mod?

If you are planning to melee alot, I would say so.

My builds usually go:

-Pressure Point

-Fury (Not a big fan of Berserker, depends on the weapon)

-2 Elementals

-Blood Rush

-Body Count

-True Steel

-Life Strike

And here's a useful chart for Blood Rush: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19O3f6V2Oc6BVJ6PTj2BkNj8fnlAn-FtHulpHaYwG7nA/edit#gid=1248434202