Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Spore Build?

(PSN)KikoEschobar

Question

I cant get how the F*** this is possible, i bet this is just a banshee weird sonar mecanic, because without her, your damages cant be like this

But ty for sharing this

Unfortunatly, nobody want to play banshee, so your build is still very private.

Mine is more for mid / high pubs

You do not understand how her spores carry damage. Nor have you grasped the fact that this build still works incredibly well WITHOUT group support. I'm not sure why you're so against an effective playstyle that's different from your own.

Edit: Grammar.

Edited by (PS4)maelstromm15

You do not understand how her spores carry damage. Nor have you grasped the fact that this build still works incredibly well WITHOUT group support. I'm not sure why you're so against an effective playstyle that's different than you're own.

And I'm not blaming the individual of this, but this happens a ton when there's a "set build" for a frame. people can't comprehend how another build could possible work, and in some cases better. This thread has taken so many turns. I think we should all just walk away or get back on track. I think the OP got what he wanted. Lets be open minded about alternate play styles or just agree to disagree. 

You do not understand how her spores carry damage. Nor have you grasped the fact that this build still works incredibly well WITHOUT group support. I'm not sure why you're so against an effective playstyle that's different from your own.

Edit: Grammar.

I'll try a power strength build, and i'll see on my own

I've tried it few times ago, and it doesnt tic like that, maybe something has changed

But i cant get HOW a 45 dps on the paper can mutate like that WITHOUT group support.

I'll try a power strength build, and i'll see on my own

I've tried it few times ago, and it doesnt tic like that, maybe something has changed

But i cant get HOW a 45 dps on the paper can mutate like that WITHOUT group support.

Because it isn't just 45 dps. When your weapon hits a spore and proccs gas or toxin, your spore spreads a percentage of that hit, based on power strength (thus the strength build), to everything in the spore spread range along with the spore. Can you get them THAT high without full team support? It's possible, but doubtful. Let's take an example of this mechanic though. I usually have one of my squad mates run a gas tonkor. Let's say it procced gas on a headshot for 1m. We'll assume a 70% transfer on the spore (not sure of my exact number but I believe it's around there), that's 700k transferred to everything within 40 meters. I can use the ignis then to spread that procc to the rest of the map.

Because it isn't just 45 dps. When your weapon hits a spore and proccs gas or toxin, your spore spreads a percentage of that hit, based on power strength (thus the strength build), to everything in the spore spread range along with the spore. Can you get them THAT high without full team support? It's possible, but doubtful. Let's take an example of this mechanic though. I usually have one of my squad mates run a gas tonkor. Let's say it procced gas on a headshot for 1m. We'll assume a 70% transfer on the spore (not sure of my exact number but I believe it's around there), that's 700k transferred to everything within 40 meters. I can use the ignis then to spread that procc to the rest of the map.

I thought for certain that it spread damage based on the base damage of the proc/weapon, not the enhanced damage (or crits) from things like Serration of Heavy Caliber. I've never seen Spore proc for more than a few hundred ticks of damage with special set ups. I'm not saying it's not possible or that you're wrong, but what you're claiming goes completely against anything I've seen or understood of Spores so far.

Edited by GideonG

I think i've understand, let's see how it work, unfortunatly, my english is too bad to understand properly the spore description on the wiki

So i've missed something huge like this?... wow

This is one part of Saryn that seems to go largely unnoticed by the populace, and it's the main reason people discount her as a damage frame, despite the fact that she is capable of some of the highest damage in the game. It's kinda awesome.

I thought for certain that it spread damage based on the base damage of the proc/weapon, not the enhanced damage (or crits) from things like Serration of Heavy Caliber. I've never seen Spore proc for more than a few hundred ticks of damage with special set ups. I'm not saying it's not possible or that you're wrong, but what you're claiming goes completely against anything I've seen so or understood of Spores so far.

That's what the wiki states, true, but that isn't what I've seen through gameplay. When that tonkor proccs, especially hitting a sonar spot, I NOTICE. It turns into some massive damage on those spores.

That's what the wiki states, true, but that isn't what I've seen through gameplay. When that tonkor proccs, especially hitting a sonar spot, I NOTICE. It turns into some massive damage on those spores.

I've used Tonkor several times, and while I've seen it proc for more damage, I've never seen anything over 300~/tick, even with crits. Unless this is specific to Banshee's Sonar, which I haven't really had a chance to test. I tested the damage formula for Spores (as did several people), and it was never possible (AFAIK) to get a damage number that large.

EDIT: I'll have to do more testing. Saryn is one of my most used frames (I think she's pretty amazing), but I've never seen anything close the the numbers you're describing. Even with Banshee's Sonar, it still wouldn't make sense to me, since I've never seen an increase in damage from crits. Perhaps this has more to do with who procs the spores (or who is hosting), because I've never tested it with friends using Gas based proc weapons. Again, not saying you're wrong, but I'm just trying to understand how you're achieving these numbers when I've never seen anything close to it.

Edited by GideonG

I've used Tonkor several times, and while I've seen it proc for more damage, I've never seen anything over 300~/tick, even with crits. Unless this is specific to Banshee's Sonar, which I haven't really had a chance to test. I tested the damage formula for Spores (as did several people), and it was never possible (AFAIK) to get a damage number that large.

I've noticed that teammates can cause larger numbers on spores than I can for some reason. However, testing the tonkor just now, removing and adding different mods, I DEFINITELY got bigger numbers adding damage mods. I got to 800 I believe as the largest one in the sim

Disclaimer: I have 0 forma on my tonkor lol

Swapping heavy cal on my tonk or for an infected clip (serration, infected clip, malignant force, termite rounds are all that are on it), it increased my procc to 1219 per tick

Just tested this same build (Tonkor and Saryn), versus my normal build. It was the same damage when spreading spores, and was only ticking for about 30 damage (regardless of build). Still not understanding how you're getting 800 on your own, much less 1219.

Edited by GideonG

Critical hits dont seem to affect the damage, but mods definitely do, aND so does the number of proccs on an enemy before popping the spore, and if using gas even the number of enemies nearby can increase the damage.

Just tested this same build (Tonkor and Saryn), versus my normal build. It was the same damage when spreading spores, and was only ticking for about 30 damage (regardless of build). Still not understanding how you're getting 800 on your own, much less 1219.

I'll get screenshots, hold on

Critical hits dont seem to affect the damage, but mods definitely do, aND so does the number of proccs on an enemy before popping the spore, and if using gas even the number of enemies nearby can increase the damage.

Again, whenever I've tested this (even just now), mods don't seem to affect the damage much (if at all). I'd really like to see a video of your test results so I can attempt to better replicate this. Even every video I've seen of various Spore builds seem to cap out at a relatively low number (solo); nowhere near 1200 like you're claiming.

Has anyone else ever experienced Spores ticking for this much?

Edited by GideonG

Again, whenever I've tested this (even just now), mods don't seem to affect the damage much (if at all). I'd really like to see a video of your test results so I can attempt to better replicate this. Even every video I've seen of various Spore builds seem to cap out at a relatively low number (solo); nowhere near 1200 like you're claiming.

Has anyone else ever experienced Spores ticking for this much?

I can upload a video, but it'll take a couple hours...I'm still on DSL. Here are some screenshots of the ticks though. There are many different damage numbers in here, but every enemy is being hit for 1200+ damage by at least one (and in a couple cases more) spore.

qZqgZwk.jpg

9VG2SD8.jpg

So, according to what you are saying, the telos boltor aoe gaz proc can be a very nice weapon on the spores

Yes actually, my squad tends to use at least one telos weapon Edited by (PS4)maelstromm15

I'm almost certain that the damage you're seeing isn't Spore damage, but Gas cloud/proc damage from your Tonkor. On several enemies I only see 55/44, particularly off to the side, away from the main group. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that the 1200 you're seeing is from the weapon proc, not Spores themselves.

I'm almost certain that the damage you're seeing isn't Spore damage, but Gas cloud/proc damage from your Tonkor. On several enemies I only see 55/44, particularly off to the side, away from the main group. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that the 1200 you're seeing is from the weapon proc, not Spores themselves.

The damage is toxin damage, that was picked up by the spores. Spores spread extra damage as toxin damage, and if you look you can see enemies way off to the side being affected by the same numbers.

The damage is toxin damage, that was picked up by the spores. Spores spread extra damage as toxin damage, and if you look you can see enemies way off to the side being affected by the same numbers.

Again, I've never been able to replicate such high numbers, even with the same exact setup you're using. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it seems like something is happening that I've never seen. I'm still convinced the 1200 you're seeing is the gas proc from the Tonkor, rather than Spores themselves.

I'd run Banshee with you, but you're on PS4. =(

Edited by GideonG

Again, I've never been able to replicate such high numbers, even with the same exact setup you're using. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it seems like something is happening that I've never seen. I'm still convinced the 1200 you're seeing is the gas proc from the Tonkor, rather than Spores themselves.

Gas is a fairly small AoE, I think 8(or 10?) Meters. If you look to the far left on each picture there are enemies well outside that range being affected by the same damage.

Gas is a fairly small AoE, I think 8(or 10?) Meters. If you look to the far left on each picture there are enemies well outside that range being affected by the same damage.

There are also some enemies just outside that range not being hit for 1200. It's highly possible enemies were struck with the Gas (Toxin) proc, and then ran outside of the initial radius. Even in the previous screen shots you posted, we see similar results; some centralized enemies being hit for large numbers and several being hit for very small numbers.

Edited by GideonG

There are also some enemies just outside that range not being hit for 1200. It's highly possible enemies were struck with the Gas (Toxin) proc, and then ran outside of the initial radius.

I see where you're coming from, after all its just screenshots. I'll do my damndest to upload a video, so you can see the positioning of the enemies. Found us a banshee, so we should be able to test the spores a bit more thoroughly.

I see where you're coming from, after all its just screenshots. I'll do my damndest to upload a video, so you can see the positioning of the enemies. Found us a banshee, so we should be able to test the spores a bit more thoroughly.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just really trying to either understand these numbers or possibly help you understand where they're coming from. I'm still not convinced it's coming from Spores (since their damage isn't increased by crits), but still convinced it's a gas proc that you're seeing, which can be amplified by things like crits/Banshee.

EDIT: Additionally, Spore usually ticks in groups of two to three instances of numbers, not one number like the single 1200 you're seeing. This can be evidenced in the screenshots you posted, where you see several instances of 44/55 damage being applied to enemies affected by Spores, and an additional, single instance of 1200 affecting enemies near the initial gas cloud proc. I hope that makes sense.

Edited by GideonG