Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotguns DE missed

Herosupport

So the "shotgun Buff" came and it was great for the ones that where included Thank you so much for giving us more options to play with. However DE you missed some shotguns that could also use some of your time.

Phage it uses shotgun mods and its still the same gun some common ideas from players is to tighten the initial spread of the beams and to have fire rate effect the rate of witch the spread tightens to a single stream. My idea is that when the phage is fired none of the Beams do less then 50% of the listed damage when at its max spread. I'm not sure if its base damage should be increased tho it would be nice if each beam did the damage listed.

Brakk with weapons out such has the sonicore, Staticore (when it works), Vaykor Marelok, Rakta Balistica, Twin Grakata and the list does go on its time to reverse at least 2 nerfs to this weapon. Has the Brakk is now its not on a level that is equal to its difficulty to obtain witch is that of a Newly released prime weapon.

#1 the damage falloff needs to be much better then it is now (Its pathetic) I'm not asking for better then a good solid choice for medium range. 

#2 the Pellet spread it needs to be tighter to reflect the model in game.

Bronco and AKBronco and their prime versions. the only things i can think of is tighter spread not allot but a noticeable difference, Higher base damage 130-140 for the standard bronco & AKBronco and a 145-150 for the primed versions, and more status chance for the standard versions at least 15% to 16% and a faster reload of 2 seconds for the standard versions and a 1.5 seconds for the primed versions.

Corvas Archwing something that feels altogether ignored by DE or is a low priority on their list of things to do. this weapon has a charge feature that does nothing for the weapon it would be nice if the mechanic was fixed so that it increased the damage of the pellets or greatly improved the the spread to the point that all the pellets hit where the dot is.

While on the subject of archwing and improving weapons the Phaedra is supposed to be the Soma's big sister to make that true please change its Critical chance to 30% to 35% and its status to 10% this will make its description correct.

If i missed any shotguns that could use a buff like Wraith or Vandal versions please list them with suggestions.

As someone who had the luxury of owning the original Brakk before its heavy nerfing, I support reverting some of that to bring it more in line with other shootguns.

Going from the perfect all-rounder shottie secondary with totally even IPS and a nice tight spread to an impact-weighted, large spread and extra falloff was a criminal nerf beyond any other that I can think of, as far as weapons go.

And when we can leave the Tonkor obsoleting most things in the game, and other top-tier weapons as we have now.. well, the little beast deserves its bite back.

Even at the time of its original release, there was the issue of the good old Soma completely outstripping most other primaries (and definitely its counterparts like the Gorgon) no less so than the Brakk did to secondaries. But that didn't get nerfed either. No... it got a Prime version that was even stronger instead.

Notice how you did not mention the Pyrana and that makes me a little sad... It's a great secondary shot gun. 

I don't use the Brakk much myself but I heard it still pushes out top tier DPS to the point it on par, if not better than V Marelok and R Ballistica when used at it's optimal range.

And kohmak, no mention of Kohmak. Unless of course you think Kohmak and Pyrana don't need a buff.... Which I would agree with Kohmak but would like to see Pyrana's recoil reduced.

i just got the brakk after almost 2 years....

its pretty bad compared to the vaykor marelok and lex prime..

the damage varies too much based on how many pellets dont actually hit, and then also falloff.  feels lilke an akbronco Prime without 100%status..

i'd rather take almost any other secondary or anything else that can put out reliable damage

2 hours ago, CommanderSpawn said:

From what you mentioned, only the Phage is a shotgun, the Corvas is an arch-gun and the rest are sidearms. I agree with the Phage, but the rest of the weapons you mentioned are not include in the list of "shotguns" and this is why they didn't get a buff.

Sorry, but a shotgun is a shotgun no matter if it is a primary or a secondary weapon.

2 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Sorry, but a shotgun is a shotgun no matter if it is a primary or a secondary weapon.

Not with regards to Warframe. Pocket-shotguns use pistol mods, and are balanced differently. Arch-guns do the same, although the Corvas is pretty much trash. Only weapons that use shotgun mods are classed as such by DE and the game itself. You can't bring a Brakk on a Shotgun-only sortie.

8 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

5 hours ago, Wolfglaive said:

Not with regards to Warframe. Pocket-shotguns use pistol mods, and are balanced differently. Arch-guns do the same, although the Corvas is pretty much trash. Only weapons that use shotgun mods are classed as such by DE and the game itself. You can't bring a Brakk on a Shotgun-only sortie.

^^
Couldn't describe it better.

Speaking of which: the Brakk is already a good weapon, I love the Brakk and I'm happy with the way it works. It's fast and do a decent damage, all you need is aim.

Edited by CommanderSpawn

7 hours ago, Wolfglaive said:

You can bring a rocket launcher (Ogris) to an Assault Rifle sortie.

You can't bring a rocket launcher (Angstrum) to an Assault Rifle sortie.

Yep, seems like this is the guiding hand that should decree what is or is not a certain weapon category.

If it shoots its damage in separate pellets like a shotgun, gains additional pellets from multishot like a shotgun, has damage falloff like a shotgun, and spreads over distance like a shotgun, then it's a shotgun.

DE already has several categories of mods under "Primary", including Shotgun. The mods not being usable on the Brakk is most likely just a limitation on the system of primary/secondary weapons as a whole.

Are there any mods you can equip on a primary AND a secondary? Let's look at an example: You can't equip Firestorm on explosive secondaries or the Embolist. You can't equip Thunderbolt on a Ballistica (but you can on the Attica, so the autofire is not the balancing factor).

Clearly the logical path would be to allow a secondary rocket launcher to use a blast radius mod just the same as the primary rocket launcher can, if it were possible system-wise. But it can't. So all secondaries generally use Pistol mods or have their own equivalent versions of the same 'special' primary mod.

If you don't believe the Kulstar or Angstrum are explosive ordnance weapons because they use pistol mods then I invite you to wield them, look down, and click LMB a lot.

Edited by EDYinnit

1 hour ago, EDYinnit said:

You can bring a rocket launcher (Ogris) to an Assault Rifle sortie.

You can't bring a rocket launcher (Angstrum) to an Assault Rifle sortie.

Yep, seems like this is the guiding hand that should decree what is or is not a certain weapon category.

If it shoots its damage in separate pellets like a shotgun, gains additional pellets from multishot like a shotgun, has damage falloff like a shotgun, and spreads over distance like a shotgun, then it's a shotgun.

DE already has several categories of mods under "Primary", including Shotgun. The mods not being usable on the Brakk is most likely just a limitation on the system of primary/secondary weapons as a whole.

Are there any mods you can equip on a primary AND a secondary? Let's look at an example: You can't equip Firestorm on explosive secondaries or the Embolist. You can't equip Thunderbolt on a Ballistica (but you can on the Attica, so the autofire is not the balancing factor).

Clearly the logical path would be to allow a secondary rocket launcher to use a blast radius mod just the same as the primary rocket launcher can, if it were possible system-wise. But it can't. So all secondaries generally use Pistol mods or have their own equivalent versions of the same 'special' primary mod.

If you don't believe the Kulstar or Angstrum are explosive ordnance weapons because they use pistol mods then I invite you to wield them, look down, and click LMB a lot.

What he was trying to say is that these weapons are not classified in Warframe as shotguns. Sure, they do act like that, but the game recognize them as a pistol or a sidearm. These are SIDEARMS, which means that they held and managed like pistols. The Corvas is a shotgun, but once again, the game see it as an arch-gun. In this case, why would DE make an arch-shotgun weapon category if there is only one like that in the game?

If going by your logic, the Phage is a laser rifle and not a shotgun. I can agree on a buff for it, don't get me wrong.

About the other type of weapons: the same deal.

DE have a list of their weapons, they didn't forget to improve the Brakk and the Bronbo/Akbronco, it's just not on the category of shotguns and not classified by their side as shotguns.

Edited by CommanderSpawn

42 minutes ago, CommanderSpawn said:

What he was trying to say is that these weapons are not classified in Warframe as shotguns. Sure, they do act like that, but the game recognize them as a pistol or a sidearm. These are SIDEARMS, which means that they held and managed like pistols. The Corvas is a shotgun, but once again, the game see it as an arch-gun. In this case, why would DE make an arch-shotgun weapon category if there is only one like that in the game?

If going by your logic, the Phage is a laser rifle and not a shotgun. I can agree on a buff for it, don't get me wrong.

About the other type of weapons: the same deal.

DE have a list of their weapons, they didn't forget to improve the Brakk and the Bronbo/Akbronco, it's just not on the category of shotguns and not classified by their side as shotguns.

You are arguing semantics. It doesn't matter what mods they use, it doesn't matter what ammo they pick up, it doesn't matter what slot in a loadout they fill.

If it uses shotgun mechanics, it deserves the same improvements afforded to other weapons using shotgun mechanics.

The Phage is a debatable case for throwing it the buffs others got. It's a strange beast. An attempt at a 'continuous shotgun' as it were. It does work differently.

But the Bronco series and Brakk can't be claimed that DE "don't classify them as shotguns". DE gave them their mechanics - shotgun mechanics - and DE gave them their descriptions. "The Bronco is a small-scale shotgun that can be wielded with one hand."

In fact, the Brakk had its 'shotgun tradeoffs' added and magnified from its original incarnation. Surely it deserves the same lifting of these restrictions that was afforded the primary shotguns? Even if it doesn't get a damage buff (or a damage rebalance back from its horrible change to impact weighted IPS), it should at least have the increased spread and heavy falloff reduced back closer to what it originally was.

32 minutes ago, EDYinnit said:

-snip-

While you may consider it semantics, they are in fact, NOT shotguns according to DE. Do they use Shotgun mods? No? Then DE won't buff them under the "Shotgun buff" banner, it doesn't matter if they are mechanically similar or identical, just as beam weapons aren't all classed as one set of weapons by DE. I do agree that there are plenty of weapons that could use touch-ups, buffs and various quality of life improvements and those among them include those shotgun-like weapons that aren't classed as shotguns, but they were never going to get a buff when DE said they were buffing shotguns, except perhaps the Phage. And in response to your previous statement about Ogris versus Angstrum, that's easy; Angstrum is once again, a pistol(uses pistol mods)/pocket-launcher, and the Ogris is a rifle(uses rifle mods)/launcher. Since there aren't enough launcher rifles in the game to warrant their own weapon-only sortie category, they got lumped in with Assault Rifles.

50 minutes ago, EDYinnit said:

You are arguing semantics. It doesn't matter what mods they use, it doesn't matter what ammo they pick up, it doesn't matter what slot in a loadout they fill.

If it uses shotgun mechanics, it deserves the same improvements afforded to other weapons using shotgun mechanics.

The Phage is a debatable case for throwing it the buffs others got. It's a strange beast. An attempt at a 'continuous shotgun' as it were. It does work differently.

But the Bronco series and Brakk can't be claimed that DE "don't classify them as shotguns". DE gave them their mechanics - shotgun mechanics - and DE gave them their descriptions. "The Bronco is a small-scale shotgun that can be wielded with one hand."

In fact, the Brakk had its 'shotgun tradeoffs' added and magnified from its original incarnation. Surely it deserves the same lifting of these restrictions that was afforded the primary shotguns? Even if it doesn't get a damage buff (or a damage rebalance back from its horrible change to impact weighted IPS), it should at least have the increased spread and heavy falloff reduced back closer to what it originally was.

1 minute ago, Wolfglaive said:

While you may consider it semantics, they are in fact, NOT shotguns according to DE. Do they use Shotgun mods? No? Then DE won't buff them under the "Shotgun buff" banner, it doesn't matter if they are mechanically similar or identical, just as beam weapons aren't all classed as one set of weapons by DE. I do agree that there are plenty of weapons that could use touch-ups, buffs and various quality of life improvements and those among them include those shotgun-like weapons that aren't classed as shotguns, but they were never going to get a buff when DE said they were buffing shotguns, except perhaps the Phage. And in response to your previous statement about Ogris versus Angstrum, that's easy; Angstrum is once again, a pistol(uses pistol mods)/pocket-launcher, and the Ogris is a rifle(uses rifle mods)/launcher. Since there aren't enough launcher rifles in the game to warrant their own weapon-only sortie category, they got lumped in with Assault Rifles.

Sidearm is the correct word for the Brakk, Bronco and this family of weapons. All of them look like pistols, but all shoot like shotguns. A pistol is a sidearm, but a shotgun is not a sidearm. About the Bronco, it first of all a sidearm, only then a shotgun, which means that it should be treated as a sidearm and not as a shotgun.

4 minutes ago, CommanderSpawn said:

Sidearm is the correct word for the Brakk, Bronco and this family of weapons. All of them look like pistols, but all shoot like shotguns. A pistol is a sidearm, but a shotgun is not a sidearm. About the Bronco, it first of all a sidearm, only then a shotgun, which means that it should be treated as a sidearm and not as a shotgun.

I'm not arguing that they aren't shotguns mechanically, nor am I arguing what they should or shouldn't be referred to. What I am saying, is that the game itself, and by extension, DE, do not classify them as a shotgun type weapon. They are secondary weapons, which use pistol mods. OP was asking for them to be buffed due to mechanically being shotguns, and while they do need some kind of touch up or buff, DE won't do it as part of a shotgun rework/buff because they don't consider them to be part of that group of weapons. They're just secondaries with shotgun-like properties.

1 minute ago, Wolfglaive said:

I'm not arguing that they aren't shotguns mechanically, nor am I arguing what they should or shouldn't be referred to. What I am saying, is that the game itself, and by extension, DE, do not classify them as a shotgun type weapon. They are secondary weapons, which use pistol mods. OP was asking for them to be buffed due to mechanically being shotguns, and while they do need some kind of touch up or buff, DE won't do it as part of a shotgun rework/buff because they don't consider them to be part of that group of weapons. They're just secondaries with shotgun-like properties.

This is what I was trying to say. Thanks for clearing this up.

25 minutes ago, Wolfglaive said:

24 minutes ago, CommanderSpawn said:

-largely the same-

Phage then? That fits all the semantics. It's a primary! Uses shotgun mods! Ammo too! Still no buff.

It does not matter what you call them, where you equip them, what you slot on them or what magical coloured boxes makes you able to shoot them more.

If it has been balanced in the past with the same mechanics as Shotgun primaries, then when Shotgun primaries are improved, they should also be improved to be kept in line.

Shotgun Secondaries deserve Shotgun improvements. Maybe not to the exact same values. I'm not exactly saying the Bronco should do more damage more efficiently than the Vaykor Hek here.

But if DE acknowledged that their previous balance point for "short ranged pellet weaponry with spread and damage falloff over range" wasn't appropriate, then the alterations should be applied to all instances of such weaponry.

Grakata/Twin Grakata? It's two primaries wielded together... now in a secondary slot. Uses pistol mods instead of Rifle ones, now. Aren't they still equivalent entities? It's two of the same thing!

I'll quote the Codex entry for the Bronco again.

The Bronco is a small-scale shotgun that can be wielded with one hand. Only effective at close range, it has a limited clip size.

How can you not call it a shotgun? It says it right there in DE's own text.

Edited by EDYinnit

Just now, EDYinnit said:

-snip-

Look, I'm not going to bother with you anymore. Clearly you've missed the point. Grakata and Twin Grakatas ARE treated differently, that's the thing, they use different mods. Phage needs a buff, sure, it got overlooked or outright ignored. Shotgun-like secondaries DO deserve to be reworked or buffed or whatever, but you pointing out that the flavor text says the Bronco is a shotgun doesn't mean they're considered by DE to be in the same bucket shotguns are, and frankly, while they desever their own rework, they should NOT get the same treatment in a sweepingly careless way as you suggest. Have a nice day.

31 minutes ago, Wolfglaive said:

Look, I'm not going to bother with you anymore. Clearly you've missed the point. Grakata and Twin Grakatas ARE treated differently, that's the thing, they use different mods. Phage needs a buff, sure, it got overlooked or outright ignored. Shotgun-like secondaries DO deserve to be reworked or buffed or whatever, but you pointing out that the flavor text says the Bronco is a shotgun doesn't mean they're considered by DE to be in the same bucket shotguns are, and frankly, while they desever their own rework, they should NOT get the same treatment in a sweepingly careless way as you suggest. Have a nice day.

I'd miss the point, but my problem is that you appear to be lacking one.

When the Brakk was given enhanced drawbacks in line with shotguns because it was a secondary Shotgun outperforming primary Shotguns, there's an implicit need to reverse some of that when its primary-slot rivals are improved, surely.

So if you agree they need quality improvements, then your issue is what? That the OP phrased it such that DE 'missed' weapons, which they obviously didn't because <reasons>?

I mean, that's just sad, if so. DE doesn't need white-knighting for. That's why these forums exist. To give feedback and help point them towards things they are missing.

I may have gotten a little venomous out of sheer incredulity. Apologies. That aside. The secondary shotguns deserve a correctly proportioned improvement similarly to those that were afforded primary shotguns, and I'd say the exact same of every weapon category:

Ammo economy for high consumption automatic pistols could be looked at as an equivalent to Light Machine Guns getting theirs improved if they needed it. (for instance, an ammo rework to better cope with high ammo consumption weaponry)

Self-damage for secondary launchers should be metered down to something relvant but not suicidal just as should be done for primary launchers (and Tonkor brought up to that level).

Primary shotguns getting tightened spread and reduced damage falloff should see an easing on the same restrictions that are applied to secondary shotguns.

Secondaries aren't some unique and beautiful snowflake land of special cases. They're handier versions of their bigger brothers you can use as a backup if you can't keep said bigger brother around. I'd equip a Hek in my secondary slot to go with my primary bow if I could, but instead I have to use a smaller cousin.

So DE should be fair and give the smaller cousin a smaller-scale version of the buffs. That's all.

6 hours ago, EDYinnit said:

I'd miss the point, but my problem is that you appear to be lacking one.

When the Brakk was given enhanced drawbacks in line with shotguns because it was a secondary Shotgun outperforming primary Shotguns, there's an implicit need to reverse some of that when its primary-slot rivals are improved, surely.

So if you agree they need quality improvements, then your issue is what? That the OP phrased it such that DE 'missed' weapons, which they obviously didn't because <reasons>?

I mean, that's just sad, if so. DE doesn't need white-knighting for. That's why these forums exist. To give feedback and help point them towards things they are missing.

I may have gotten a little venomous out of sheer incredulity. Apologies. That aside. The secondary shotguns deserve a correctly proportioned improvement similarly to those that were afforded primary shotguns, and I'd say the exact same of every weapon category:

Ammo economy for high consumption automatic pistols could be looked at as an equivalent to Light Machine Guns getting theirs improved if they needed it. (for instance, an ammo rework to better cope with high ammo consumption weaponry)

Self-damage for secondary launchers should be metered down to something relvant but not suicidal just as should be done for primary launchers (and Tonkor brought up to that level).

Primary shotguns getting tightened spread and reduced damage falloff should see an easing on the same restrictions that are applied to secondary shotguns.

Secondaries aren't some unique and beautiful snowflake land of special cases. They're handier versions of their bigger brothers you can use as a backup if you can't keep said bigger brother around. I'd equip a Hek in my secondary slot to go with my primary bow if I could, but instead I have to use a smaller cousin.

So DE should be fair and give the smaller cousin a smaller-scale version of the buffs. That's all.

I agree that shotgun-like seconderies needs a buff, but not becaues they are shotguns and DE forgot, but because they simply need. They didn't get a buff because it's on the list of sedondery weapons and not on the shotguns list. The Brakk got nerfed, as you said, because it was better than the primery shotguns. The Brakk was never ment to be strong as a primery shotgun because it's a sidearm.

The Phage is a different story, it is a shotgun and it needs a buff, but it might be because DE didn't think it need.

I talked on this topic with a friend of mine, he also think that shotgun-like secondery shouldn't get the same treatment as primery shotguns because of the similarity in the mechanics. It's not the ammo that matter and not the mods, it's the difference between a primery weapon and a secodnery that decide the treatment. What will help to solve this problem is more acurate classification for secondery weapons. I want to open a new thread about it, but I want to do it correctly so I'll wait a bit and get things orginized

Edited by CommanderSpawn
typo

21 hours ago, Wolfglaive said:

Nonsense, when shotguns got nerfed to near uselessness (spread + damage falloff) all shotguns got hit with no distinction between primary and secondary weapons. And the recent shotgun buff pretty much reversed the prior nerf, but only for primary shotguns. Most secondary shotguns are still useless.

I think the point is missing, but hey, lets go back to it.

Phage could get a buff in dmg, as same with boar prime, my favourite shotgun pre buff is now on the dirt, it should get a bit of dmg and lots of status, thats how i see it.

On the secondary category, well, when the shotgun buff came i was hoping that the pyrana, brakk, bronco and detron would get a buff, but no, it dindt hapened. Despite that they are secondarys, they all are shotguns/handcanons and use the same mechanics as primary ones, and i think they deserve a buff to.

• Brakk: the falloff and spread is criminal, you cant use it pass 10 meters, so yea. A bit more of dmg may hurt taking into acount that in ideal conditions still has the higest (or one of the) burst ingame but it couls still get the 50 ips like it has before.
  • Detron : Pellet count(with same dmg/pellet) and a bit less of spread, otherwise is fine by me due to no fallof.
  • Pyrana : more dmg or more crit dmg, maybe both, maybe reduce reload, otherwise prety good.
  • bronco series : more dmg , bit less of spread, maybe more status chance on norma akbronco?(the prime one is really good at status)
  • kohmak( and khom ): I still want my comffetty gun back but a man can dream. More base dmg in the form of more pellets, 5 is to low.

Well status shotguns are just pointless since U17, with no real application. The boar prime is pointless with blast on it and the reload on the strun wraith makes it terrible at high levels.

Boar Prime needs back the 40% status, actually make it the exact thing it was before U17, because this with the lower damage and old damage falloff was actually a good shotgun.

Strun wraith needs a useful reload speed, like 2s with the 10 rounds or the old 1.5 with the old 8 rounds.

Phage could use a better damage with spread and a bit quicker focus.

Brakk is fine it is the most powerful damage hand cannon in the game. Detron needs more status to be on the same level as the mara detron(what is comparable with the Brakk for high levels).

Pistol only L100 grenier interception 5 forma mara detron vs the current dps crit kings(2x Lex prime, 1x AkSomati):

rcRi53N.jpg

The bronkos need double magazine and useful reload(1s for the single, 1.7s for the dual).

The bronko prime need 30% status and 1s reload, the akbronko prime needs 8 rounds, 1,7s reload and 40% status.

Pyrana needs 1-2 more rounds and 1.5-1.7s reload.

Corvas is bad because it got no spread and no fire rate, a real space shotgun would be very good for shooting the ton of targets at interception towers in Archwing.

Kohm could use a helping hand with the ammo use(more damage, less rof, a bit like it was before it got nerfed) given that for dps the top end shotguns are still better without suffering the ammo issues.

Sobek could use a 3s reload speed instead 4s and the augment mod actually changed to base status instead of a flat 20% what is absolute useless on shotguns.