The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Place for highest chance of farming T3 Capture Key?

Ioeper32

Question

Wanted to ask if anyone knew a good place where you can consistently find t3 capture keys with the shortest time possible. I had done 2x triton, both nearing 2k marks, true enough I did find t3 keys but none of them are capture keys. I'm kinda convinced by now triton is a bad idea for finding t3 capture keys. Anyone knows a better place to farm for as many t3 capture keys in shortest time possible?

12 answers to this question

I've been having really good luck getting T3 Capture keys doing Dark Sector Excavation on Phobos.  I usually just solo three excavations and get out since not many people do that particular mission and it's not like I get better rewards the longer I stay anyway.  From the same node I've also gotten a bunch of T3 Mobile Defense and surprising very few T2 key (like 2 or 3 keys out of 10 or so keys I've farmed).

20 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

I've been having really good luck getting T3 Capture keys doing Dark Sector Excavation on Phobos.  I usually just solo three excavations and get out since not many people do that particular mission and it's not like I get better rewards the longer I stay anyway.  From the same node I've also gotten a bunch of T3 Mobile Defense and surprising very few T2 key (like 2 or 3 keys out of 10 or so keys I've farmed).

Tried phobos 1x. went up to 1100 cryotic, all t2 keys, not even a single t3 key...

7 hours ago, Ioeper32 said:

Tried phobos 1x. went up to 1100 cryotic, all t2 keys, not even a single t3 key...

Sounds like rng is not on yourside.  :(  Did you do the regular Phobos excavation (Stickney or Wendell) or Dark Sector excavation (Zeugma)?  DS one is considered Tier 3 according to wiki so you might get better rewards.  I haven't done Stickney or Wendell lately so I don't know the drop rate of T2 vs T3 keys there.  So today I decided to keep track of the keys I got.  Of course when I started to keep records, T3Cap doesn't drop, but today I got 4 T3MD, 1 T3E, and 3 T3Sur vs 1 T2MD, 2 T2E, 1 T2Sur, and 1 T2Sab. 8 T3 keys versus 5 T2 keys wasn't too bad, and I need the T2E and T2Sur keys anyway.  I'll try again tomorrow to see what are the drop rates of keys.

According to the wiki entry on excavation rewards, Tier 2 and Tier 3 all have same rewards table when it comes to keys so I guess it doesn't matter where you do your excavations (~11% for all T2 keys + T3 Sab and ~4.5% for other T3 keys) if you just want keys?  I do like the fact that there's a 25% chance for 5X R5 Fusion Cores for Tier 3 excavation and I managed to get a Life Strike yesterday so I think I'll continue farming in Zeugma.

T3 keys have a really low drop chance(4.51% according to wiki) and every mission even Hieracon and Pluto will still reward T2 keys with significally bigged drop chance (11.06% according to wiki)
The longer you stay have no impact on the drop chance, you just get more keys overtime.
The most efficient way would be with 2 people (or solo) staying till first key > finish > repeat, because you only need to stay till 3rd exctractor, but it changes to 4th after the first key reward, so it's not really worth it, time=reward.

Pluto/Heiracon is the only "Tier 4" excavation.  Its Rotation B rewards about 70% T3 keys and 30% T4 keys.  That's your best bet for T3Caps, but if it follows the same pattern as the other Tiers' drop tables then each Rotation B still only has about a 10% chance to reward a T3 Cap. But that's better than the less then 5% chance with Tier 2 and Tier 3 excavations.