Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give The Option To Reverse Terminal Hacking Controls.

DarkMark

There should be an option so that left click  rotates the panels to the left, and right click rotates them to the right. The current backwards hacking terminal directions feel off to everyone I've asked about it, and they said they would prefer an option to switch it around.

Edited by DarkMark

It's left click turns it to the left from the top. Right click turns it to the right on the top.

No, the current system turns the panels from the bottom. You can tell by the way the panel turns. And it's very annoying.

Left click is clockwise rotation, right click is anticlockwise rotation. No big deal in my opinion...

You're missing the point. There are many people (like me) who want the option to reverse it so that it actually makes sense. And it wouldn't be hard to implement.

Edited by DarkMark

I don't see the harm with an optional toggle, so long as it doesn't mess with those of us who are used to it as is.  So a toggle in options that you have to check to reverse it from what it is now.  

That said, I have no idea how many manhours would be required.  And there are more important things for DE to work on at the moment.  I.e. you're being kind of OCD about this OP.  

Not OCD in the "posting too much about something way."  OCD as in "being unusually bothered by mouse clicks turning a cog right instead of left."  Second biggest annoyance is pretty high up there.  

If it helps, instead of thinking about it as a left click turning right, think about it as a left clicking pushing forward/upward with the left hand.  This would turn a wheel to the right (clockwise).  And right clicking is moving your right arm forward/upward, which would turn a wheel to the left (counter-clockwise).  

It's just like the steering wheel when driving a car.  When you need to turn left, you initiate with your right hand.  You turn right initiating with your left hand.  

Not OCD in the "posting too much about something way."  OCD as in "being unusually bothered by mouse clicks turning a cog right instead of left."  Second biggest annoyance is pretty high up there.  

If it helps, instead of thinking about it as a left click turning right, think about it as a left clicking pushing forward/upward with the left hand.  This would turn a wheel to the right (clockwise).  And right clicking is moving your right arm forward/upward, which would turn a wheel to the left (counter-clockwise).  

It's just like the steering wheel when driving a car.  When you need to turn left, you initiate with your right hand.  You turn right initiating with your left hand.  

It was an exaggeration. Feel free to join the pile of people that take things too literally.

It was one of the first things I noticed in Warframe and to be honest, I still have moments when hacking where I turn it the wrong way because I assume left mouse click feels like it should rotate to the left, etc.

I'd like this too, honestly. I got used to it this way... kinda. I still mess up occasionally.

It's down to personal preference, I suppose, but for me it just feels more natural to left-click to rotate left.

The important thing would be to add it in the options and make it off by default so that the people who are already used to it don't get annoyed :P

I'd like this too, honestly. I got used to it this way... kinda. I still mess up occasionally.

It's down to personal preference, I suppose, but for me it just feels more natural to left-click to rotate left.

The important thing would be to add it in the options and make it off by default so that the people who are already used to it don't get annoyed :P

Exactly. All there needs to be is an option.

I always spin the hacking hexagons the wrong way cuz I want them to go counter-clockwise (left from top) when I click M1, not the other way around.

At least a little [X] box to reverse the directions in the options would be super convenient.

hold the mouse upside down just before you begin to hack, now everything is backwards woooooo

I dont think it's too much of a problem, its easy enough that you dont begin to break down and cry when you hear "WE'VE BEEN LOCKED OUT" and hard enough that you wouldnt hack a terminal with an elite squad of rollers on your &#!

Just get used to the way it rotates, its not difficult to adapt.

• 2 weeks later...

seriously...... there are mechanics in the game that are downright broken... and your griping because you want to be able to reverse which way you turn the tile when your hacking a console?

even IF this gets noticed.... I seriously doubt that something this trivial would even get touched for another 2 to... 5 updates from now... as you know, having someone rework that in the UI is so high on the priority list with other planned overhauls of broken systems that I'm sure it'd be hotfix worthy...