Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've run out of ammo. .... Again.

revizion

xD i'm not complaining i've had sev7n as my name forever as well lol

7's just a good name :D

Nonsense, Six is superior :P

On the note of ammo drops, I believe that's exactly why they added the Scavenger Artifacts. For example, if you got Rifle Scavenger equipped, enemies and containers supposedly drop more rifle ammo rather than other types.

Sounds like you're soloing with weapons that have poor ammo efficiency to begin with. Furis and Afuris are machine pistols that spew ammo rapidly that deals low actual bullet damage where as other single shots have a much higher bullet damage giving you more bang per bullet you have or pick up.

I do think that there should be more ammo in the drops for rifle and pistol ammo because +20 per pickup is not much when your using a braton or the furis/afuris. However there are mods to increase your max ammo which in all honesty are only good for the weapons that seem to eat ammo a lot but they increase the starting ammo when u first enter a mission by a lot, just today i picked up a +65% max ammo mod for my rifle :)

infected is more like a melee paradise, spamming E eeveryday with my fragor and see those idiots fly away~

grineer and corpus is more a pain in the &#!, but 2-3 grineers can be taken down easily with melee with small effort

and if you build your melee right you can kill a shockwave moa before it even make a shockwave

so use your melee a S#&$load, kids! i even going to complain i have too many ammo at first but my braton keep running out for no reason, so i use shotguns

My main frustration is that I always see a ton of ammo drop over a mssion, but I can only ever use a small fraction of it. It is very annoying to be low on rifle ammo and see constant streams of shotgun and sniper ammo drop. If you are going to make ammo a limiting factor it would be less frustrating if it wasn't because of the RNG screwing you over on ammo type.

The game really wants you to use shotguns, most of the ammo and mod drops are for them.

Most of the problem is in the static ammo pool per weapon type, rather than individual weapons themselves gaining an amount equal to X amount of clips you are carrying. All assault rifles have 500 ammo, all pistols have 200, etc. Dual-wieding also doesn't effect total ammo either unfortunately, so it's just a rate of fire and clip capacity increase. This, coupled with ammo drops always being +20 rounds (or I think +10 for sniper?) makes it a little unbalanced for any rifle currently with regard to how many shots to kill it takes.

One word: Chargers. The stun lock mechanic in this game makes having 3 or more of them rushing you at a time problematic. Even when you kill them they explode, knocking my avatar into an animation loop that I can't break out of. If they reach me in waves....yea. That works earrly game, but even on Mars & Jupiter that doesn't seem to work as well. I think the weakness of that strategy is the single-enemy melee. If I don't have a tanky build, that can go bad real fast.

I have no issues on pluto with what you are describing, and have never had probems with runners, (which are the ones that explode, chargers just hit you). So it does still work in the late game.