The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Item reset option ?

Otakuwolf

Can we have an option to reset an item to the "factory new" status ?

Let's say i have an item with a lot of formas, and an update "breaks" the build i made and i need to spend more of those things to "fix" sayd build while it would be "easier" to do so with a non-polarized version of sayd item, wouldn't it be nice to have a button like "reset item" to "destroy" the applyed formas and put new ones back in ?

I know there's also people who enjoy spending more formas on theyr items and are probably going to say "no it's fine like that" but i also know there's people like me who don't and actually even find it annoying to do at times, and i know there's also people who enjoy seeing a thousand "stars" on theyr items but i also know there are also those who don't.

What i mean is: this would be just an option, easy to implement, it wouldn't hurt anyone for having it in the game, those who enjoy spending more formas fixing theyr items can still do so, and... let's face it, the support already takes care of items you have accidentally lost during fusions or sales, certainly it wouldn't add much of a weight to undo an item reset if you're going to hit the button for mistake. There's no valid reason to not have such option in the game since there are other games offering an option to reset items costumizations with no conseguences to anyone.

Pls, give us a "reset" option.

If any of the Forma you have used on an item are still useful, then this option would make it more difficult to get the weapon back where you want it.

For example, if you have 4 Forma on an item and 2 of them become useless or incorrect you can just change those 2. If you reset the weapon though, you'll have to fix the 2 incorrect ones and add in the 2 that were just fine before. Even needing to change every Forma'd polarity would just be the same amount of work if it was reset. The only thing this would do is get rid of the stars at the top which is kinda pointless whether you keep them or not.

The only time I can think of something like this would be beneficial would be if it retrieved the items installed on it (fully built Forma, Catalysts/Reactors included) for if you want to get rid of a weapon that has a lot invested in it.

You can always simply remake a new version of most things (accept for a few quest frames) to achieve the same result.

You will have to replace the reactor/catalyst though, but you have the option to keep the previous one if you decide to not to want to go through the complete reset after all.

Edited by Loswaith

11 hours ago, Loswaith said:

You can always simply remake a new version of most things (accept for a few quest frames) to achieve the same result.

You will have to replace the reactor/catalyst though, but you have the option to keep the previous one if you decide to not to want to go through the complete reset after all.

Yeah do that on items that are hard to craft, like some primes, or anything that requires Nintain :P