The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade is destroying my biological mechanism

Renathy

Question

Namely my arm and my hand are sore from intensive clicking throughout hours at an end. It has become a painful process and I try to avoid playing with Excalibur now thanks to it, although it doesn't completely stop me from doing so. Sometimes I want to. I have already sold my soul to Warframe, why not destroy myself as a whole now?

But in all seriousness, I bought a gaming mouse long ago and it came with a software disc, which installs a useful tool that allows me to edit a lot of my mouse's features and systems. This includes the ability to create macros. The script editing software itself is a tad complicated, but it does give you a selection of options to help you create a macro with ease. The problem is I am still clueless in regards to some of those options.

This is the script that I have created in my mouse's software:

Spoiler

beJ87qC.png

It works wonderfully, but the main problem is that I cannot stop the macro by clicking the same mouse button that it's assigned to, again. I honestly have no clue how to make it stop. Just make it stop, please! Make it stop. (Weeps profusely)

15 answers to this question

A4tech mice eh? 
1. In your top right corner, the one saying "Play Macro once only", change it to repeat
2. Under repeat there are two options : Press to start, release to stop / Press to start, re-press to stop 
    The first one repeats as long as you hold the button, second one is a toggle.
3. Delete your 11th line, not required.

4 minutes ago, Blood_Poppy said:

Is this.. Legal..? 

Just Asking.. 

So long as the macro does not play the game for you, aka : botting. Its fine.
Autofire macros are one of the earliest used in the game by players, and nobody has ever been in trouble for using them, even movement combos are allowed.
Its what DE generally intended for macros to do : help with physical 'disabilities' (for the lack of a better term), so you wouldn't hurt yourself playing the game, while still maintaining a level of smoothness in your gameplay.

57 minutes ago, YasaiTsume said:

Hide contents

I thought I seen everything, now I seen it all.

People actually trying to set up Macro to spam Exalted Blade.

I need to spam an ability that is almost making me go to the doctor. It's useful for some situations and I'm not going to sit for hours clicking my mouse until my arm burns out.

Edited by JRMC

1 hour ago, Neah said:

A4tech mice eh? 
1. In your top right corner, the one saying "Play Macro once only", change it to repeat
2. Under repeat there are two options : Press to start, release to stop / Press to start, re-press to stop 
    The first one repeats as long as you hold the button, second one is a toggle.
3. Delete your 11th line, not required.

Not A4Tech. It's Trust. Though it seems they share similar software, apparently. Had no idea. What I also didn't know was that that button was to change how the macro worked out and not to test it out as I originally thought. I actually never clicked it. I really just thought it was just to test out the macro on the spot. - Cheers, mate.

Edited by JRMC

Just now, JRMC said:

Not A4Tech. It's Trust. Though it seems they share similar software, apparently. Had no idea. What I also didn't know was that that button was to change how the macro worked out and not to test out. I actually never clicked it. I really thought it was just to test out the macro on the spot. - Cheers, mate.

Wow, the software is nearly (if not fully) identical. Something fishy is going on there lol. 

1 hour ago, Neah said:

So long as the macro does not play the game for you, aka : botting. Its fine.
Autofire macros are one of the earliest used in the game by players, and nobody has ever been in trouble for using them, even movement combos are allowed.
Its what DE generally intended for macros to do : help with physical 'disabilities' (for the lack of a better term), so you wouldn't hurt yourself playing the game, while still maintaining a level of smoothness in your gameplay.

Thanks for clarification...

21 minutes ago, JRMC said:

Namely my arm and my hand are sore from intensive clicking throughout hours at an end.

And here I was, expecting someone complain about how your screen turns into one giant LED when you have a (channelled or not) EB Excal next to you. That is my problem with him - once people start, all you hear is "swish swish swish" and you don't see sh*t any more.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Just now, Bibliothekar said:

And here I was, expecting someone complain about how your screen turns into one giant LED when you have a channeled EB Excal next to you. That is my problem with him - once people start, all you hear is "swish swish swish" and you don't see sh*t any more.

i got that problem cover. dark\black energy and presto no more LED EB