The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Shield Enemy Advice?

(PSN)Alphonso-Alonso

Question

As the title says, I've recently decided to give Archwing a shot again and while everything is going much smoother than before, the damage immunity shield guys continually give me grief because I simply don't know how to damage them without risking death myself.

I play solo so having someone else distract them is a no-go. All they really do is lurch toward me and take potshots while I cannot hit them back. When I go all-in to kill them with my melee they either pop like balloons on impact OR no-sell my damage until the passive slash proc of their shields bleeds me dry. Flawed as this game mechanic is, it doesn't bother me near as much as the fact that Archwing leveling is slow as it is and yet I still have to spend XP to revive myself just so I can risk getting killed again by their shields. 

Does anyone have any advice for this or does anyone really play archwing anymore outside of raiding and that one time we got Atlas?

4 answers to this question

I recommend grattler, pain to build, limited range but that thing is so much more powerful then basic AW gun, it melts ogmas and shield guys like knife thru butter. 

Since I've got itzal and grattler AW actually became fun for me - I recommend it to all. If you don't have powerful gun, just melee them, that's what I did.