Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on my current saryn prime build?

(PSN)kira4715

Question

44 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

You're welcome. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I have a question actually. After I read about this Spore build in another thread I decided to try it out. Even though my slot setup is completely wrong (lots of Vazarin), I still managed to conjure up a build that follows the same principles of the Spore build everyone is talking about. I went to do some Void survival runs.

Using Ignis and this adapted build I was able to vaporize huge crowds of weaker enemies, but I had problems dealing with the heavily armored enemies that remained. I'm referring mostly to corrupted gunners and corrupted bombards. Are they also a problem with your builds? Do you guys rely on something else to take them down quickly?

7 minutes ago, Amazerath said:

I have a question actually. After I read about this Spore build in another thread I decided to try it out. Even though my slot setup is completely wrong (lots of Vazarin), I still managed to conjure up a build that follows the same principles of the Spore build everyone is talking about. I went to do some Void survival runs.

Using Ignis and this adapted build I was able to vaporize huge crowds of weaker enemies, but I had problems dealing with the heavily armored enemies that remained. I'm referring mostly to corrupted gunners and corrupted bombards. Are they also a problem with your builds? Do you guys rely on something else to take them down quickly?

Bombards and heavy gunners are the heavy enemies that thus will take a crap ton more damage. If you have a viable build on your Ignis and spread your spores widely, you shouldn't have much of a problem.

But at some point halving their hp is going to be the only thing doing something to those enemies when they get more tanky. An ignis (Without a build centered around statusing corrosive all the time) isn't going to do much in high level play. Halving their hp and taking them out with a high dps weapon would do wonders.

2 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Bombards and heavy gunners are the heavy enemies that thus will take a crap ton more damage. If you have a viable build on your Ignis and spread your spores widely, you shouldn't have much of a problem.

But at some point halving their hp is going to be the only thing doing something to those enemies when they get more tanky. An ignis (Without a build centered around statusing corrosive all the time) isn't going to do much in high level play. Halving their hp and taking them out with a high dps weapon would do wonders.

From what I've read and seen in videos, the Ignis is pretty viable for high level play. So much that I assumed people using Spores were all using that weapon.

I get the impression that the problem I'm having is not being caused by lack of Spore spreading. Because like I said, I can handle huge groups even with a less then ideal build. The problem is that the bullet sponges within those groups will often survive the mayhem. And then when the number of available targets drops considerably, the damage done by Spores also drops, forcing me to change tactics or fall back.

So basically you guys are saying you deal with high armor by temporarily switching to corrosive weapon? To be clear, the reason why I'm asking is because I want to know if my crappy build is the cause of this problem or if this problem is common for everyone using Spores builds.

3 hours ago, Amazerath said:

From what I've read and seen in videos, the Ignis is pretty viable for high level play. So much that I assumed people using Spores were all using that weapon.

I get the impression that the problem I'm having is not being caused by lack of Spore spreading. Because like I said, I can handle huge groups even with a less then ideal build. The problem is that the bullet sponges within those groups will often survive the mayhem. And then when the number of available targets drops considerably, the damage done by Spores also drops, forcing me to change tactics or fall back.

So basically you guys are saying you deal with high armor by temporarily switching to corrosive weapon? To be clear, the reason why I'm asking is because I want to know if my crappy build is the cause of this problem or if this problem is common for everyone using Spores builds.

You could try a 100% status blast + corrosive build. Strips armor and keeps the enemies knocked down. That would be really effective.

You mean for a secondary weapon? I had something like that on my test runs. But in my case, due to the mixed nature of the build, it's not fast enough to keep you alive (on solo, of course). Especially with all the knockdowns caused by bombard missiles shot from afar.

So I probably won't be able to use this build for real until I craft a Saryn Prime and give her more offensive polarity slots. Anyway, thanks for the answers.