The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Problems at One Stroke (Login on PC and Update Failed, Data Corrupted)

zxcv1911

Question

I just have had enough bad things happened to me in one day but with these happening to one of my favorite games is making me mad. Here are my problems:

1. I can't get myself to login into this Forum via my PC and I have to sign in through my phone instead. What's going on?
  2. I tried to download the latest Update 18.4.13 for my Warframe PC but what I got instead was "Update Failed! Downloaded data was corrupted. The update will be restarted shortly.."

Please. To DE and all players here, please, I need your help. I can't stand all of this misfortune keep happening to me anymore. T__T

EDIT: All problems are fixed.

Edited by zxcv1911

12 answers to this question

Has this happened before?

My suggestion to you would be perhaps a PC restart and/or a browser history cleanup, other iterations of your logins may be clogging up your browser's cookies. :D *yum*

As for your launcher bugging out, if you can verify the game cache files before your launcher patches, it may fix your issue. If none of this stuff works you may need to contact Warframe Support about it.

Restart your PC real quick and try to launch Warframe again, but instead of letting it download at all, slap that verify button and see what happens.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

7 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Has this happened before?

My suggestion to you would be perhaps a PC restart and/or a browser history cleanup, other iterations of your logins may be clogging up your browser's cookies. :D *yum*

As for your launcher bugging out, if you can verify the game cache files before your launcher patches, it may fix your issue. If none of this stuff works you may need to contact Warframe Support about it.

Restart your PC real quick and try to launch Warframe again, but instead of letting it download at all, slap that verify button and see what happens.

Just fixed Problem No.1 by logout and then re-login again. Problem solved, phew! ;)

As for Problem No.2, however, I tried verify the game cache files, validated and then suddenly I had to re-download the whole game again! >:(  

After the download was finished, I tried verify the download files from Warframe Game Launcher and nothing happened at all. The same "Update Failed! Download data was corrupted" message appeared again. T__T

6 minutes ago, zxcv1911 said:

Just fixed Problem No.1 by logout and then re-login again. Problem solved, phew! ;)

As for Problem No.2, however, I tried verify the game cache files, validated and then suddenly I had to re-download the whole game again! >:(  

After the download was finished, I tried verify the download files from Warframe Game Launcher and nothing happened at all. The same "Update Failed! Download data was corrupted" message appeared again. T__T

You're using the Steam Version of Warframe right?

Not sure what exactly is causing this issue, but I'll look into it really fast. I don't like other players being stuck out of the game.

My advice currently is to do a hard restart on your PC, log into Warframe again, and don't touch anything. If it isn't a game or launcher issue, it may be a problem with your connection to Warframe's Server. (although, it is unlikely...)

I'll keep looking around.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

4 minutes ago, zxcv1911 said:

Did you verify from the steam overlay or from the launcher? 

15 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

You're using the Steam Version of Warframe right?

Not sure what exactly is causing this issue, but I'll look into it really fast. I don't like other players being stuck out of the game.

Yep. Thank you so much, man. I really appreciate your help and kindness. TwT

12 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Did you verify from the steam overlay or from the launcher? 

I verified the game cache files from Steam first and after I had re-downloaded the whole game, I tried to verify from the launcher but it also didn't work. 

Edited by zxcv1911

Just now, zxcv1911 said:

Yep. Thank you so much, man. I really appreciate your help and kindness.

I verified the game cache files from Steam first and after I had re-downloaded the whole game, I tried to verify from the launcher but it also didn't work. 

Have you restarted yet? This may be the only thing that's left to try...

And honestly, unless you have blazingly fast internet (100Mbps or faster) I doubt you could download the whole game in like 10 minutes.

But if you can, you may have to do just that...

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

13 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Have you restarted yet? This may be the only thing that's left to try...

And honestly, unless you have blazingly fast internet (100Mbps or faster) I doubt you could download the whole game in like 10 minutes.

But if you can, you may have to do just that...

I've restarted the PC and I've went to Steam, clicked "Play" on Warframe, the launcher appeared and as it started to download the update. As it was downloading, the progress suddenly slipped back from 50% to 45%.

Then it moved forward to 75% and it suddenly regressed to 65%. As soon as it continued to move on and hit 85%...

"Update Failed! Downloaded data was corrupted. The update will be restarted shortly.."

;__;

Edited by zxcv1911

Hmmm....

You may have to completely delete Warframe's files and re-download them.

It doesn't make much sense to me why your PC is having issues now. Have you ever experienced anything like this before?

I hope your internet is somewhat fast, because it will take 3-4 hours depending on your speed. (well if your speed is anything like mine. (5Mbps or so, on a good day. :D))

If none of that works, even after you get the game re-downloaded... I have no clue what you can do next... If it isn't the game's fault... It has to be either your PC, or your connection (although I doubt it is your connection to the Internet or Warframe's Servers)

If all of that fails, you need to send a support ticket to Warframe's Support Team. Because I don't know of much else that could help at this point...

Good luck, Tenno.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I don't want to delete the game and re-download it all over again! I just don't want to go through that frustrating and agonizing experience one more time. T__T

No, this is the first time I've experienced something like this. It makes no sense, everything that happened before this was normal.

Sadly, my internet isn't that fast; it took me 3 days* to re-download the game.

*: Actually it was 12 hours in three different days because I began download it at 2 A.M. until 6 A.M. because it was only at that time period my internet was at its fastest.

I will and thank you so much. I appreciate your effort at helping me, Tenno. 

Edited by zxcv1911

1 minute ago, zxcv1911 said:

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I don't want to delete the game and re-download it all over again! I just don't want to go through that frustrating and agonizing experience one more time. T__T

No, this is the first time I've experienced something like this. It makes no sense, everything that happened before this was normal.

Sadly, my internet isn't that fast; it took me 3 days* to re-download the game.

*: Actually it was 12 hours in three different days because I began download it at 2 A.M. until 6 A.M. because it was only at that time period my internet was at its fastest.

I will and thank you so much. I appreciate your effort at helping me, Tenno. 

Oh, so your internet is super duper slow... That sucks... That could be one of the reasons your download won't go through. I think your intermittent connection thrashed one of the game's files and now it doesn't know what to download...

Really sucks I know... But I can't think of anything else, man...

The really crappy part would be if after all of that re-downloading it still doesn't work... lol. I assume, however... that after you re-download it, it will work fine...

Again, really sorry about that... I wish I could do more... D:

8 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Oh, so your internet is super duper slow... That sucks... That could be one of the reasons your download won't go through. I think your intermittent connection thrashed one of the game's files and now it doesn't know what to download...

Not really. I admit the internet was slow but before this happened, I downloaded the updates and played the game just fine. Though I can't help but thinking that it might be due to the current Hotfix 18.4.13. :V

Nah, it's alright. You've done your best. ;)

Edited by zxcv1911

I feel like the universe (or the Void) is enjoying trolling me every day and find amusement in my frustration and rage. ಠ_ಠ

Anyway, I've managed to download the update and the "Play" button on the launcher have finally revealed AFTER I'VE CONNECTED MY LAPTOP WITH THE WI-FI OF MY PARENTS' HOUSE.

Seriously, wut dafuq? :V

Still, the problem has been solved. I thank you for all Tenno that had replied this thread and lend a hand to help me. TwT