The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question Regarding Torid

GinKenshin

Question

Hoi Tenno, 

Does The Torid's toxic clouds benefit from fire rate mods? I've been having this dilemma for a week now. the initial fire rate doesn't really bother me, since I use the clouds to do my damage, but I've seen the damage numbers appear too slow and I thought that's because I have no fire rate mods 

thank you ^^   

2 answers to this question

You cannot speed up the damage ticks with fire rate mods, but you can stack clouds faster with fire rate mods. For me, the 90% multishot from Split Chamber and its base fire rate is pretty sufficient enough for me in terms of stacking clouds in low to mid-level missions. I focus more on damage so that enemies take less damage ticks to die, and Firestorm to cover a wider area.

I do switch it out for Vile Acceleration from time to time in order for faster cloud stacking to kill targets faster, which is usually when I intend to use it against high level enemies. So yeah, fire rate mods benefit in that it allows for faster cloud stacking, so that you can deal multiple damage ticks from every one of them to make it seem that you deal damage ticks faster.

Edited by X3Evanescence