The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Combo Counter

grigorije

Question

Does the melee combo counter multiply the weapon's base damage alongside any elemental or physical damage mods, or does it also multiply the critical hit value.

If I were to use a weapon with a 100% critical hit chance, would the combo counter apply to the critical hit value or base damage value?

11 answers to this question

Combo counters only apply to the weapon's damage however there is a mod called Blood Rush that will also make critical chance also scale with your combo multiplyer

To clarify the combo multiplyer does effect all damage including moded elemental damage ect.

Edited by -Amaterasu-
Clarity

Just now, -Amaterasu- said:

Combo counters only apply to the weapon's damage however there is a mod called Blood Rush that will also make critical chance also scale with your combo multiplyer

Oh, it's you. Hi there! :D

Now that you mention it, I completely forgot about that aspect of Blood Rush. I know of that mod; I was lucky enough to get both Blood Rush and Body Count. When I was doing the Shadow Dept event, I had no idea about the new mods. Had I realized at the time that there were event mods, I would've done more runs. I'd like to get my hands on Argon Scope.

1 minute ago, YasaiTsume said:

If what yur asking is that the Multiplier will "Crit" as well, yes, since the multiplier affects the damage of the weapon.

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Nikana_Prime/t_30_220000002_226-3-5-228-5-5-239-2-5-244-7-5-247-1-5-306-8-3-360-6-5-625-4-5-637-0-10_637-7-247-5-239-9-226-9-625-9-228-7-360-11-244-9-306-10/en/4-0-99

In that case, this will prove to be quite fun.

Blood rush and body count make a great combo for a lot of melee weapons and can make even non- crit weapons into crit weapons I use them on almost all my builds now and I love them Argon scope is an amazing mod too if you can get it but it's kind of anoying that you have to be aiming for it to work.

also Hello again~ ^.^

Just now, grigorije said:

If yu are building that Nikana Prime to last very deep into a long survival, it would be wiser to ditch Jagged Edge and Buzzkill for Fever Strike + Shocking Touch for a Corrosive damage build.

Armor is Physical damage's worse enemy, and having so much Physical and no Elemental damage will hurt yur damage output.

Upon reaching 3x Combo mulitiplier with a Corro Build Nikana Prime, yu could easily Red Crit for close to 5 - 6 digits worth of damage on a single strike 

2 minutes ago, YasaiTsume said:

If yu are building that Nikana Prime to last very deep into a long survival, it would be wiser to ditch Jagged Edge and Buzzkill for Fever Strike + Shocking Touch for a Corrosive damage build.

Armor is Physical damage's worse enemy, and having so much Physical and no Elemental damage will hurt yur damage output.

Upon reaching 3x Combo mulitiplier with a Corro Build Nikana Prime, yu could easily Red Crit for close to 5 - 6 digits worth of damage on a single strike 

I see, a combination of a rainbow and crit build. I'll make sure to try it out. However, why not just go for a combo like toxic + viral? Or does the armor still stand in the way?

p.s.: I was thinking of using this build against infested, but yes - a group of heavy gunners or bombards, would be the death of me... did I mention bombards?

10 minutes ago, YasaiTsume said:

Just use Corrosive Projection and armor stops mattering