Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Frame Concept

Ash0t

After the Corpus-inspired Vauban was released I thought "hey, why isn't there a Grineer frame?" I also heard in one of the livestreams that the new Grineer tileset will be desert-themed. So thought up a concept for a reckless pistolero frame, complete with dual Grineer revolvers.

grineer%20frame.png

As for the skills, I came up with a few ideas sticking to the current skill-loadout for each frame. A ranged/throw skill, 2 utility skills and an ultimate. I also tried to stick to the recklessness of the melee units, as well as the tacticool-ness of the ranged ones.

For Ability 1, I figured an explosive similar to the grenades the marines use would work well. Lob it in an arc behind enemy cover, watch it go boom. Pretty straight-forward.

Ability 2 could be similar to the grappling hook the Scorpions use. Shoot it at your target and reel em' in. It could also function as a very versatile platforming tool. Shooting it at a wall or ceiling to pull yourself right into the action sounds like fun to me!

Ability 3 could reflect the mobility as well as love for bullet hoses the Grineer have. A timed speed and fire rate boost might be pretty badass.

And the final ability, MILLIONS OF ROLLERS.

Just kidding, that'd be much too broken. I'm kinda out of ideas here but again, these are only rough suggestions.

The dual revolvers go without saying, I think. I simply love revolvers in video games, and the Grineer designs are by far my favorite. Make it happen, DE.

If you guys have any ideas that would work well, just throw them out there.

Here's a link to the full size image for those of you who care. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34188430/grineer%20frame%20full.png

EDIT: I drew up 2 alternate helmets.

Edited by Ash0t

Ability 3: radial knockdown/powerfist move that Grineer heavies have

Ability 4: adrenaline injectors - increases move/attack/fire/melee speed, shield+health regen, shield+health max by 10/20/30% for 5/10/15 seconds

I too would farm for this. Don't ruin the grappling hook by not letting it pull you around the map either.

Could I say, how about a grappling hook as a seperate melee weapon entirely? And keep the grappling to walls and the environment mechanic in. Basically make it a whip when you're not lashing it at walls to save you from a S#&$ jump you made. Apart from me just adding what I want, this idea is rad. Gimdat.

secret edit: If I had to say one thing, it would be the warframe doesn't really look "tenno" enough. Right now it looks like one of the smaller grineer units, and not so much like a space ninja.

Edited by forest_spirit

secret edit: If I had to say one thing, it would be the warframe doesn't really look "tenno" enough. Right now it looks like one of the smaller grineer units, and not so much like a space ninja.

It probably needs more Tron lines, Tenno seem to like those.

Edited by Keeshhound

• 2 weeks later...

It probably needs more Tron lines, Tenno seem to like those.

That's a common suggestion I got, making it look more biological. I'll look into that. Thanks for the feedback so far!

Just watched Livestream #8. Looks like the grappling hook is being worked on, and it's not warframe specific. That's definitely cool.

Edited by Ash0t

+ (10x10)^10

Great idea. Personally, I'd want a roided up Grineer male, but I really ****ing love the concept.

"The Grineer attempted to modify this warframe for their own purposes but it was rescued by other Tenno and now fights for the Lotus."