The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash Dash Targeting

(PSN)Keiji_Haku

Question

How many enemies can it target? it seems finite and wanky. I hit 2 enemies in a line but didn't hit the one in between. Im using it with surging dash btw. It says a cone but sometimes he skips enemies and sometimes he doesn't and it could be at the exact same range and position.

Some enemies i should be able to hit i can't and some I shouldn't be able to hit i do.

Edited by (PS4)Keiji_Haku

2 answers to this question

Having mained Excal for a long time now, I use Slash Dash quite a bit during gameplay.

My answer to this question is exactly the same as when I extensively tested it out many months ago-- Slash Dash's targeting is just buggy and inconsistent. There's seemingly no target limit, no matter how you increase or decrease your STR or Duration. If you aim your SD at a crowd of 12 enemies, sometimes it'll hit two or three of them, and sometimes (read: very rarely) it'll hit all twelve. Typically, it'll hit about 6-8 of them if they're densely packed together.

When I tested out the targeting a long while back, I found that SD was more likely to hit a higher number of enemies (10+ out of 12 targets) if they were arranged nicely in a rectangular pattern, like if they're freshly spawned in the Simalcrum and immediately blinded so they can't leave those positions. If the targets are arranged in a blob with no real pattern (like, if they see you and they all walk around for a bit), then that's when the targeting gets wonky and it becomes difficult for SD to hit more than half of them.

Not that this information will be super helpful in the actual game or anything, but the point is, SD's targeting is wonky as hell and is generally very unreliable, and it's almost certainly not intended by the devs to be that way. It's best to avoid using SD for damaging and knocking down groups, and use it more for its utility aspects (e.g. invulnerability frames and mobility).

Edited by SortaRandom