The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If enemy dome-shields are going to protect against our AoE attacks and punch-through, then Snow Globe deserves to protect against theirs.

Schadenfreude

I am completely sick and tired of losing Sortie Mobile Defense missions just because a Scorch fired his weapon from across the room, despite my Snow Globe being healthy.

What is the deal with this? Nullifiers and Arctic Eximus units have the luxury of being completely immune to AoE damage originating outside their bubbles, and punch-through as well. Meanwhile Scorches just completely ignore the Snow Globe (i suspect this may be an oversight from when the Ignis was reworked), and Bombards and Napalms blast and burn us from outside the Globe easily, leaving us no escape except to expose ourselves to enemy fire.

Can we get a fix for this?

Edited by Schadenfreude11

42 minutes ago, Schadenfreude11 said:

Meanwhile Scorches just completely ignore the Snow Globe (i suspect this may be an oversight from when the Ignis was reworked)

You should bear in mind that buffing Scorches along with the Ignis (and Techs with the Supra) was almost assuredly a conscious decision on DE's part.

It's possible to find enemies with obsolete mechanics still dotted around; the visual model of an enemy (and its weapon) doesn't intrinsically affect functions and statistics.

It would be bad design to make it this way - removes potential balance levers for tweaking enemies individually from players

That aside, SpaceNinjaMasterRace having inferior bubbles to the grunts of our opponents feels bad, man.

Take my ↑.

For the record, I think that Eximus bubbles shutting down powerspam is a good thing, especially since they can still be brought down in seconds by our overpowered guns.  IMO they should be immune to weapon damage as well.  Sometimes I feel like some players get offended when they can't have victory served on a silver platter.  What's the point of playing the game when enemies that are explicitly designed to challenge us don't even succeed at that?

3 hours ago, AKKILLA said:

You know what else is annoying?

Being Invisible and still dropping from Napalms/Bombards no matter what stealth frame or what stealth mechanic (Trickery/Shadow Step)

I  feel You on this tho

Yeah it's totally annoying that you can die in a video game.  It's not enough that you can trivialize the other 90% of death sources?