The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

{New Player Specific} Don't Use That Plat!

LeopoldObelix

Question

This is specifically for the newer players, and chances are low that you often say "Oh boy, a new game, allow me to hop on the forums for tips" rather than run trial and error on your own, but this is a quick warning to new players. That starting 50 platinum is almost a lifeline for new players, as you only start with 2 warframe slots and 8 weapons slots. This means when you begin you can only have one more warframe to change between until you buy more slots and you'll only have 5 free weapon slots until you sell your beginning weapons. So please do yourself a favor and DO NOT SPEND IT at least until you know exactly what it is you want. You may not get Platinum without spending money for awhile into the game.

To counter this, you starting players should hang onto that as long as you can, as it is possible to make more without spending any real money, and if you plan to use it at all use it to purchase a few slots (Warframe or Weapon) as there are so many you may be stuck with only two for a long time. 

This next suggestion is twofold for DE and players to look over alike:

I propose that we do one of two things, either 

A. Do not give out the starting 50 platinum until Mastery Rank 2 or 3 to stop the player from accidentally buying something useless like a fusion core pack (or even give a mission or quest to collect it for the newer players)

B. Rework the Market so that newer players can figure out how to make weapons without platinum.

This last one is especially important to me, as I have helped five new players understand the game within the past few weeks and each time it is the same story of people asking "Where are the Blueprints?" And "How do I get anything?". The market is just not new player friendly as of right now, and even the beginning quest line and tutorial do not explain that in fact Hey! This actually isn't a Pay to Play game, or even Pay to Win, it's Pay to Speed up everything, because you can do just as much free as you can with money, it just takes a little time and patience. 

I hope others see this an agree with me, as this is actually a problem right now, and I was not truly aware of it until I began to look from the view of a new player.

4 answers to this question

No thanks.

Players should be allowed to do whatever they want with their plats.

If every player who likes Warframe spent 10$ (or more) as on steam sale game it would be beneficial for all players.

There could be some improvments in visibility of bought with credits weapons (visible in Armory pickup) or more MK1 weapons to try things out.