The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop

Zalgo626

Question

I love how DE added in the workshop, really glad about that. But there's only a few things I'd like to get some info about it.......

When does more of the community's content come in? Why does the items cost real money?

And does the community's item makers get a percentage cut from the item being bought?

6 answers to this question

First question: Tennogen round 2 has ended and the next batch of items were accepted here, these will be added soon.  http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/412447613565954228/?appid=230410

Second question: Because, there has to be a profit for things, It's easier to distribute money towards steam, DE and the content creator who made said item right now. DE want to make it like Plat(As of right now, direct cash is easy) and for it to be on consoles. But it'll take awhile, because.. you know. Sony and Microsoft.

Third: Yes, they get paid too. 

Edited by KJRenz

More community content (AFAIK) are put into the game after each Tennogen round, round 2 ended not too long ago actually. And they cost real money because they are workshop items. Just like community workshop items on other games cost steam wallet money.

The creators of the workshop items get 30% of all revenue made from it.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

the content creators do get a percentage of the revenue, in my eyes they do this to encourage content creation. and the next round should be out in the next week or so. they showed what they were voting on in the latest dev stream.