Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Sentinel] Wyrm: Shotgun And Kickback?

Estred

Me and some other Council members were discussing this in the chat channels. We thought a great way to make Wyrm different from Dethcube without nerfing the daylight out of the Cube would to make him unique.

Crowd Dispersion: Currently is glitched and has no effect to the best of my testing.

Suggestion: Make it a 5-10m radius knockdown or stun based AE. Clearly smaller than Banshee's Sonic Boom. I would think a Stun actually as it makes it easier for the next change to work.

Weapon: Currently a "fire when I feel like it" type Rifle. The Cube wins here, period.

Suggestion: Make him fire a 5-8 pellet shotgun blast (numbers are just estimates). This would make him more damage dealing for close-range over the Cube.

I agree to changing the weapon to a better weapon then now but what about this idea: Making blueprints for setinel weapons and/or putting them in the market to buy. You can then customize your setinel like a warframe, for the most part. Adding more skills to the setinel's would be well also.

Edited by Kirakai

I agree to changing the weapon to a better weapon then now but what about this idea: Making blueprints for setinel weapons and/or putting them in the market to buy. You can then customize your setinel like a warframe, for the most part. Adding more skills to the setinel's would be well also.

I suppose then Sentinels would only be an aesthetic choice...

You could choose one gun for them...

And one ability to make them more personal...

Even with that, the Wyrm wouldn't be used since its skills are just lesser versions of the cubes. If you could mix/match abilities most everyone would probably only mix match shade and cube abilities. Wyrm needs to be redone in order to be useful. Making him a shotgun sentinel sounds perfect since most people have plenty of shotgun mods just collecting dust.

yup fixing the bugged crowd dispersion is what needs to be done first to make wyrm useful again. the shotgun idea seems okay too, although not really necessary for me, dethcube has better dps with his machine gun but that is reasonably so considering he is more useful than wyrm against single targets, while wyrm is better for groups, cube having higher dps is fine by me, since wyrm has an aoe stun ability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, wyrm is all about crowd control and such, so personally, I think he should have a grenade launcher. Not a powerful one mind you, but one that has innate stagger and made more for outfitting with elemental mods so that you can freeze, shock, etc. entire crowds of enemies with a single blast. Granted a shotgun would be a nice alternate (if they plan to give sentinels multiple guns) but I think stun grenades would emphasize his ability to control crowds rather than deal with single targets, which the Dethcube is far superior at.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

CD works just find for me. Stuns people and pushes em back for a few seconds.

All he needs now is a shotgun and he's perfect.

CD only becomes viable once it's like rank 4 and the  blast radius isn't garbage. Still he should have an energy shotgun imo.

I think Wyrm is a hybrid damage/crowd control sentinel but not really dedicated to one or the other.
Or at least, he's supposed to be. Crowd Dispersion is his schtick, and his schtick is currently broken!

A shotgun with a wide spread and moderate stun chance would be great!
I could throw my shotgun stun mods into him. He'd be fantastic.

I support this idea!

Edited by Rudest

I really like the shotgun idea for the wyrm, since a close range weapon like that would REALLY synergize with CD. As to CD being broken, i have not experienced that, my Wyrm's CD both damages and stuns reliably, it actually does enough damage to 1-shot crowds of lower level grineer entirely. 

I really like the shotgun idea for the wyrm, since a close range weapon like that would REALLY synergize with CD. As to CD being broken, i have not experienced that, my Wyrm's CD both damages and stuns reliably, it actually does enough damage to 1-shot crowds of lower level grineer entirely. 

I had to get CD to like level 4 before it became reliable.