Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shared affinity distribution

Shriker_sh

Affinity used to be shared equally over every equipped item. While the main character (Warframe & Weapons) and the companion had a separate affinity pool. Since the introduction of shared focus this has changed and I think its a bug and not intended. Now we have for character (Warframe & Weapons) two separate affinity pools. While the warframe always gets 25% of the shared affinity, the weapons get 75% of the affinity. No matter how many weapons are equipped. This makes leveling warframes, which already take more affinity, much harder.

Example: Teammates kills an enemy generating 1000 affinity

Old System

Setup A: Warframe [250 xp], Primary [250 xp], Secondary [250 xp], Melee [250 xp]; Sentinel [500 xp], Sentinel Weapon [500 xp]
Setup B: Warframe [333 xp], Primary [333 xp], Secondary [333 xp]; Sentinel [1000 xp]
Setup C: Warframe [500 xp], Primary [500 xp]; Kubrow[1000 xp]

New System

Setup A: Warframe [250 xp], Primary [250 xp], Secondary [250 xp], Melee [250 xp]; Sentinel [500 xp], Sentinel Weapon [500 xp]
Setup B: Warframe [250 xp], Primary [375 xp], Secondary [375 xp]; Sentinel [1000 xp]
Setup C: Warframe [250 xp], Primary [750 xp]; Kubrow [1000 xp]

With the new System we can't reduce the weapon count to prioritize the affinity gain on warframes.

I'm pretty sure this is how it's worked for quite a while now, if not always. *shrug*

What's your source on Warframes ever getting more than 25% of the shared Affinity?

Also, you do get 50% Frame Affinity for anything you personally kill with a weapon,

so that's an incentive - which we actually need more of plskthx - to not be a complete leech.

Edited by NinjaZeku

I have to check for old screenshots, but it might be difficult to find a good one as I rarely leeched. Most of the times when I went to Draco for leveling warframes I took a low level warframe and my orthos and resulted many times with well over 50% of the kills unless there was a nuker present.

Think about the effects this has on the focus gained through shared affinity.

It is none if every piece of gear has the same lens.
For me: Not every gear has a lense and I dont want to forced to have it on every gear. 50:50 distribution is fine by me, but 25:75 is a little extreme.
As I know now how the new system works I can direct it better but it is still suboptimal in my view.

As I'm mostly running solo, shared affinity affects me personally not very much.