Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Keys As Reward In Defence Are Ridiculous!

noname4me

On xini you immediately start on t3 rewards so it doesn't matter if you got to 5 or 25 the chances are still the same

So yeah above post :P

Also with the rewards the way they are in the void I think the drop rate is fine also it means more FORMA which people are complaining about not having enough of

Edited by dukelego

I dislike the new drops, it undermines the whole point of the void being a special sanctuary or rare area. 

I'm hoping that it's only for this weekend, like a double xp weekend type of thing.

They need a nerf indeed. Now it's way too common.

100% agree.

And no, I didn't buy tons of keys and am butthurt. It's simply wrong and will ruin the game in the long run. This needs a readjustment, FAST. This kind of stuff should be done on monday so it can be readjusted on tuesday -___-.

God forbid people get a bunch of latron prime BPs, right?  Cause that's what you'll get in most T2 runs.

Edited by Aggh

Heres my feelings about void keys in defense: Make them only accessible at waves 10+. 10 is the standard i feel for people leaving a game of defense. 75% of the time people I play with dont want to deal with anything harder and say "yeah, this is a good stopping place". Make it a 0% drop on waves 5, and whatever the drop rate is on 5 at 10, if it does change at all that is i am assuming it does and is not a reroll. 

The only thing to do in this game is farming for void key and then...farming for prime things and leaving this game for good...because it oly has one thing to do in this game...Farming,farming farming farming the sames missions over and over.So it's a bad idea to ask people to farm more.Some of you dont have better to do but some of us are working in real life and are already bored to farm.

Btw if you want to do level 20-25 or more waves then go play with your friend or play solo.Everyone is not forced to play the way YOU want.

Edited by TabarnaQc

Making the keys too easy to get cheapens the value of void runs and lowers the game experience in general.

They are supposed to be exquisite, not something you can do anytime anywhere.

It's not about forcing people out of it, it's about balancing work for reward, and making it feel satisfying, and hopefully, challenging as well.

Otherwise game will get old really fast.

So yes, I believe keys should not drop at all until wave 15. And even after that, just have a chance of dropping, one that is slightly lower than it is right now.

And also making T1 defenses not drop keys at all. At all.

Hate me if you must, but I believe that would make the game a lot better.

If they were supposed to be so rare, they could've at least guaranteed what you were going to get from it. It made NO SENSE to have a 2% chance to get a 1/16 chance to get something. Stop acting like some elitist A****** that doesn't want anyone to get what he has. Since they aren't going to change how you get rewards from the void, making the keys actually attainable is the next best thing.

You guys are complaining about keys being to common. WTF is wrong with everyone my god.. You guys are going to make to where we never get them and we will see huge posts about keys not dropping enough. Seriously STFU already. I swear no one is ever happy with this game. The drop rate isn't hurting anyone if anything its a good thing but yeah you guys are going to F*** it up.

The devs kinda tend to get carried away with buffing things, especially if it's something the community wants.

I think a middle ground will suit us better. I like the void and its current implementation, but if void keys are too common it loses almost all of its charm and becomes just another tileset with a bunch of rehashed enemies and secret rooms.

I know you'd prefer everything to be readily available whenever you so desire, but look at the big picture: what's the reason to build Frost now when you can just go get Frost Prime? What's the reason to buy keys when you can just go do a bunch of defense missions? I just got a T3Ex from wave 10 xini. What's the point of ever making a Latron when Latron Prime exists?

I think they kinda screwed up here. Pre-patch void was a *@##$ to get, but at least void runs were something to look forward to. Now they're just business as usual.

Since when was the void suppose to be a special item? It's a group dungeon run with a rng based reward system same as every place else in the game. Those are hardly special.

People play the game to get things they're after. Just running the void is a long &#! grind in and of itself, and you want people to grind longer so that they can go grind longer? O_o

Since when was the void suppose to be a special item? It's a group dungeon run with a rng based reward system same as every place else in the game. Those are hardly special. People play the game to get things they're after. Just running the void is a long &#! grind in and of itself, and you want people to grind longer so that they can go grind longer? O_o

I think its meant to be alot more than that.

For example, how else are you supposed to get any of the prime objects (other than Calibur prime, which is founder exclusive)?  I think making these more far and few inbetween will make some of these prime objects special again, instead of just a slightly larger bother to obtain. I think we need more things similar to this: running specific special missions or special events that open up the opportunity to gain new and exciting items (if you are favored by the RNG gods)

I guess lots of people will hate me for this , but i don't care, i'm tired of everyone leaving at wave 5 because that stupid key pops as reward.

Can you at least make the people work harder for it? Sure  make it reward so they can get the key ,but at least make it start to pop at wave 15+ not at wave 5 !!

on Eris and Pluto its like every battle at wave 5 = poop void key = poop everyone leaves

can't imagine how &!$$ed must be those that paid 75 plat for 5 keys when they could get 10 tower 2 keys in less than hour

edit: >>>>I'M NOT SAYING REMOVE THEM,JUST SAYING MAKE PEOPLE ACTUALLY WORK FOR THEM LITTLE HARDER

and wave 15 is not that unreasonable

You would quickly change your tone when they add new content to the void.

how else are you supposed to get any of the prime objects (other than Calibur prime, which is founder exclusive)?  I think making these more far and few inbetween will make some of these prime objects special again, instead of just a slightly larger bother to obtain. I think we need more things similar to this: running specific special missions or special events that open up the opportunity to gain new and exciting items (if you are favored by the RNG gods)

The bolded part is where I can't see this. The void is a grind same as any other area. If it was easier to look for the item you're after, it may be one thing, but the loot tables have too many options for what is needed. I've ran plenty of towers in all difficulties, and still have not had the good graces to find all the pieces to the Latron Prime or Frost Prime.

The void may have been "meant" to be special, but the system does not allow it to be, and unless that system is changed, making it more difficult to obtain free keys is a bad idea. A grind is a grind, no matter how pretty it is.

Edited by ToeSama

The devs kinda tend to get carried away with buffing things, especially if it's something the community wants.

I think a middle ground will suit us better. I like the void and its current implementation, but if void keys are too common it loses almost all of its charm and becomes just another tileset with a bunch of rehashed enemies and secret rooms.

I know you'd prefer everything to be readily available whenever you so desire, but look at the big picture: what's the reason to build Frost now when you can just go get Frost Prime? What's the reason to buy keys when you can just go do a bunch of defense missions? I just got a T3Ex from wave 10 xini. What's the point of ever making a Latron when Latron Prime exists?

I think they kinda screwed up here. Pre-patch void was a $#*(@ to get, but at least void runs were something to look forward to. Now they're just business as usual.

Oh my.  You got a single T3 key.  Obviously the sky is going to fall now.  Clearly you only need to run T3 once and not 50+ times over to finish anything from the void.

If all you care about is whether a gun is good or not, you may as well not even bother building latron prime either.  It's not exactly a mindblowingly amazing weapon.

Yea it's really important to expect the unexpected when playing with random people. There are a number of ways to set up tailored mission. You can use the forum or the global chat. I usually have a squad set in about 3 minutes when using global chat. 

Plus I get to meet a great new crop of skilled Tenno.

here's how you solve your problem OP:

Click on the big shiny "online" thing and then press "private" or "invite only".

Now you'll be able to play past wave 5 with your friends or solo.

Have a great time doing defense.

On a serious note. You knowingly queued up for defense on public, you should be expecting this to happen and be ok with it.

Y'know, insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

I guess lots of people will hate me for this , but i don't care, i'm tired of everyone leaving at wave 5 because that stupid key pops as reward.

Can you at least make the people work harder for it? Sure  make it reward so they can get the key ,but at least make it start to pop at wave 15+ not at wave 5 !!

on Eris and Pluto its like every battle at wave 5 = poop void key = poop everyone leaves

can't imagine how &!$$ed must be those that paid 75 plat for 5 keys when they could get 10 tower 2 keys in less than hour

edit: >>>>I'M NOT SAYING REMOVE THEM,JUST SAYING MAKE PEOPLE ACTUALLY WORK FOR THEM LITTLE HARDER

and wave 15 is not that unreasonable

Dont nerf it, buff it!

They need to create a T4 reward system, slap some really useful stuff in there.... rare mods at T4 drop at 6.24% instead of 3.12% and have less uncommons..... lower the amount of T2 void keys at T4 and double the T3 Void key drops.....and look into creating Void IV, and having a slim chance to get them at the T4 level

With formas and new weapons the missions are only getting easier, time to scale it up

(I would say T4 rewards should start at Wave 20, 25 max for a Pluto, Eris def)

Making the keys too easy to get cheapens the value of void runs and lowers the game experience in general.

They are supposed to be exquisite, not something you can do anytime anywhere.

It's not about forcing people out of it, it's about balancing work for reward, and making it feel satisfying, and hopefully, challenging as well.

Otherwise game will get old really fast.

So yes, I believe keys should not drop at all until wave 15. And even after that, just have a chance of dropping, one that is slightly lower than it is right now.

And also making T1 defenses not drop keys at all. At all.

Hate me if you must, but I believe that would make the game a lot better.

Yes, 'cheapens the value' of void runs which are basically another shot at the RNG for something you might find useful. Statistically you need what, a hundred void runs at T2 to build the Void-only weapons and Warframes? That's 300 defense missions on average. Each defense mission takes about 10 minutes to get to wave 5, so that's 1500 minutes plus the void runs which take another 15 minutes or so each.

Twenty seven point five hours of gameplay just to finish your Frost, Reaper, and Latron sounds pretty reasonable to me, and sounds pretty much like it isn't 'cheapening the value' of void runs.

Some of us have 9-5 jobs you know? Others have other commitments and shouldn't have the choices of 'farm forever and ever for a single key which gives us a crappy blueprint we already have' or 'pay 100 bucks'.

God forbid people get a bunch of latron prime BPs, right?  Cause that's what you'll get in most T2 runs.

I want a BP that uses Latron Prime BPs as ingredients. It should be a skin for all Warframes "I spent hours farming the Void and all I got was this crappy T-shirt."

Oh my.  You got a single T3 key.  Obviously the sky is going to fall now.  Clearly you only need to run T3 once and not 50+ times over to finish anything from the void.

If all you care about is whether a gun is good or not, you may as well not even bother building latron prime either.  It's not exactly a mindblowingly amazing weapon.

To "finish anything"? I never had a Frost Prime part drop from a T3 run, lo and behold I have a Frost Prime. First T3 run gave me reaper blade, I can craft that too. In fact I only need to find the receiver to have all the void drops and I doubt I need to run T3 45 more times to get it.

The Latron Prime is just a better Latron while Frost Prime is just a better Frost. So what's the point of getting the originals if void keys are so easy to get?

To "finish anything"? I never had a Frost Prime part drop from a T3 run, lo and behold I have a Frost Prime. First T3 run gave me reaper blade, I can craft that too. In fact I only need to find the receiver to have all the void drops and I doubt I need to run T3 45 more times to get it.

The Latron Prime is just a better Latron while Frost Prime is just a better Frost. So what's the point of getting the originals if void keys are so easy to get?

And plenty of other people have run 50+ runs without finishing anything.  It's called rng.  You got lucky.

Why bother even crafting the latron prime at all when there are piles of weapons that are better than it and the normal latron?