The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console updates.

ARatherFastBlackMan69

Question

5 answers to this question

Just now, InglriousB said:

Consoles take longer to update as the content has to pass the console companies first. I've heard rumours that they were gonna try to do multiple pc updates in this coming console one, so it'd be more up to date. But I cannot confirm that

Ok, well that sound reasonable. I'm just dying to get my hands on the new event mods.

The thing is that there is Cert (Certification) and that can take quite a while to complete and I don't believe its free either.

So the devs bundle up as many patches as possible and make sure that that bundle is ready and does not get stopped by cert. Updates like how the PC version receives them is simply not efficient.

1 hour ago, InglriousB said:

Consoles take longer to update as the content has to pass the console companies first. I've heard rumours that they were gonna try to do multiple pc updates in this coming console one, so it'd be more up to date. But I cannot confirm that

Console updates usually contain everything up until that point. Like, they don't just add them one by one; it's more like a collection of patches.