The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with end game boltor prime build

LemonEnterprise

Question

I usually don't go with rapid fire or vile acceleration but i think its time to change my build, the picture below is my current build. My previous build was replacing rapid fire with piercing caliber, i would like to know this build is viable for end game. I also seem to have a problem, i run out of bullets faster when using rapid fire, any tips on that? 

Edit: Bane of grineer was replaced by another event cold mod i think, so yea bane of grineer ain't in my previous build.

YQcoWb1.jpg

Edited by LemonEnterprise

8 answers to this question

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Build that holds on well for me

Serration

Split Chamber

Heavy Cal

Shred

All 4 90% Elemental Mods -or- Any 3 90% elemental mods (I personally go with corro & fire) + Piercing Cal

Mind explaining more in detail, i am confused. Thanks :) 

2 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

Mind explaining more in detail, i am confused. Thanks :) 

Sure. 

Okay so your usual dmg mods is a must. Including Heavy Cal

Serration. Split Chamber. Heavy Cal

You also want a bit of fire rate but you also will want punchthrough for when mobs start pouring in. 

Shred

Now your last 4 mods can be either all 90% elements (Since it doesnt have much status anyway) or just 3 90% elements and Piercing Cal. Would probably be better to use 3 90% elements & Piercing Cal since it just have Impact & Puncture & no Slash

Infected Clip. Stormbringer. Hellfire. Piercing Cal

serration    heavy caliber    split chamber    shred (boltor already has some kind of punch through, but when enemies get harder to kill, you'll need the punch through from shred) 

x3 90% dmg mods (depends on who you're fighting against)  and a bane mod (if going against the corrupted, replace this with piercing caliber) 

Because of how ragdolling enemies with boltor series weapons deal damage to enemies those bodies fly into, I personally run Serration, Heavy Caliber, and Split Chamber for Damage and Punchthrough, 4 90% elemental mods because I don't feel there's enough status chance to warrant using the status mods unless it's vs corrupted/infested or corpus (corrosive + cold/heat for corrupted/infested, radiation+viral for grineer, and magnetic and toxin for corpus) and the last slot being piercing caliber or a bane mod. To be honest though, I can't remember the last time I even touched it so I'll probably need to run numbers again