Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do We Need Unranked Cores?

Xylia

I do not understand why Unranked Cores were even added to the game.

Is there some kind of purpose to the things?

You do a Defense mission, and Wave5 comes up and you see an "Uncommon" Core at Rank0.

I tested it out -- it gives about as much energy as a Common 3 core.

So..... why not just drop a Common3 core? Why tease me with an Uncommon Core, but make it Rank0 so that it doesn't give much of any energy on a Mod anyways?

Could someone shed some light as to why we needed unranked cores to be added to the game?

The unranked cores being offered by defense is a known bug. I don't have an ETA on a fix, but they are aware of the issue.

So it is actually a bug then.

That's nice to know. I was hoping that wasn't intentional, because Rank0 cores are.....well.......useless.

They sell for 250 a pop. That's what I've been doing with mine, just to keep my other 450 cores more user friendly.

There's also Rare 0 core rewards which I didn't sell yet and give as much modding power as a rare mod of the same polarity would.

Wonder what happens to those when it gets patched. Doubt they'll be upped to the rare 5 but who knows.

Also since I'm really never surprised about the non-existing quality assurance in gaming these days anymore (the public will do it) I won't even ask why stuff like this can slip in as a bug.

Edited by scavenge