Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De, Please Remove The Plat Discount

Woonagi

Read first : The topic is inaccurate and what i meant to say was that DE should change the means of acquring the discounts. ( Getting tired of all the posts saying that i am suggesting they should not have sales when that was not what i meant at all )

First off, i'm not going to pretend i have a masters in economics or some crap.

I am just going to use my common sense and i know that i may be wrong , but this is my opinion on the plat discount.

It is bad for the devs

Why ? With the plat discount, players will now wait for the discount to show up in daily rewards before buying plat.

No discount = no plat purchase , because we will feel ''cheated'' of our money .

If they really want to have a plat discount , i would suggest either making it very easy to obtain or make it universal, i.e everyone gets the discount.

Otherwise, remove it , because it makes ppl who buy plat without the discount feel like S#&$ and they will be less likely to buy  it in the future without the discount.

Edit 1  I think they should give a once-off discount to everybody , so that those who would consider buying plat with the discount would be able to get it .

Edit 2  Kiteless : Or, one thing you could do is link a general discount to mastery level. Encourage players to keep coming back, as well as encourage them to forge their own path early on before buying the big toys.

Edited by Woonagi

Thats how you feel.

Beside some people are desperate and want an item on the spot. So they'll buy it rather than wait.

The smart people will wait.

Edit. There were people that brought the 800 Plat Stalker package.

What makes you think they'll wait for the 20% Discount before buying plat?

Edited by ThePieBoy

Just drop the prices down to 50% off the bat.

Let's face it, at that point, things begin looking reasonable.

EDIT: Or, one thing you could do is link a general discount to mastery level. Encourage players to keep coming back, as well as encourage them to forge their own path early on before buying the big toys.

Edited by Kiteless

So, in OP's opinion, there should never be sales discount for any organisation because discounts hurt their own organisation? Get real please. The real world does not work this way. There are always people who wait for discounts and those who buy if they feel that they need it. It is just a form of marketing strategy and price discount is a successful method to increase sales.

People were complaining that platinum prices are absurd but when they come up with discounts, others cry out about discounts? I really pity DE.

Edited by Zoet

So, in OP's opinion, there should never be sales discount for any organisation because discounts hurt their own organisation? Get real please. The real world does not work this way. There are always people who wait for discounts and those who buy if they feel that they need it. It is just a form of marketing strategy and price discount is a successful method to increase sales.

People were complaining that platinum prices are absurd but when they come up with discounts, others cry out about discounts? I really pity DE.

I said no such thing. In fact , i support discounts, but on the basis that everyone gets the discount , which is not the case in the token system currently. Please read carefully

First off, i'm not going to pretend i have a masters in economics or some crap.

I am just going to use my common sense and i know that i may be wrong , but this is my opinion on the plat discount.

It is bad for the devs

Why ? With the plat discount, players will now wait for the discount to show up in daily rewards before buying plat.

No discount = no plat purchase , because we will feel ''cheated'' of our money .

If they really want to have a plat discount , i would suggest either making it very easy to obtain or make it universal, i.e everyone gets the discount.

Otherwise, remove it , because it makes ppl who buy plat without the discount feel like S#&$ and they will be less likely to buy  it in the future without the discount.

I was responding to this.

Edited by Zoet

more or less, i see the discount thing as being a tool to get people who would otherwise not buy plat, to buy plat.

people who want plat, but want to save money will wait.

people who cant wait, wont.

but offer a discount, and people who would say something along the lines of "go @$%& yourself", would sing a different tune.

more or less, i see the discount thing as being a tool to get people who would otherwise not buy plat, to buy plat.

people who want plat, but want to save money will wait.

people who cant wait, wont.

but offer a discount, and people who would say something along the lines of "go @$%& yourself", would sing a different tune.

Yup, i agree.

I said no such thing. In fact , i support discounts, but on the basis that everyone gets the discount , which is not the case in the token system currently. Please read carefully

So, why should the discount be for everybody may i ask? Because you didn't get it and you want to buy plats? Having discount coupons in alert does not imply that DE will never have future discounts on plats for everyone on events, etc. So what's the point of creating this thread?

These are just my opinions.

Why should the discount be for everybody ?

Because if it is not, and can only be acquired through daily rewards,  most ppl will wait around for the discount to show up before buying .

( Which is very dependent on RNG , but hey, if the devs want to base a factor affecting their income on rng , what can i do ? )

I have enough plats for now, i'm not posting this for my own selfish reasons.

Nothing is confirmed, i'm just giving my suggestions now, there's no need to be all '' what makes you think they won't do it ? ''

Those people who will consider buying plat with the plat discount, and acquire the discount in daily rewards,are the minority .

I think they should give a once-off discount to everybody , so that those who would consider buying plat with the discount would be able to get it .

These are just my opinions.

Why should the discount be for everybody ?

Because if it is not, and can only be acquired through daily rewards, most ppl will wait around for the discount to show up before buying .

( Which is very dependent on RNG , but hey, if the devs want to base a factor affecting their income on rng , what can i do ? )

I have enough plats for now, i'm not posting this for my own selfish reasons.

Nothing is confirmed, i'm just giving my suggestions now, there's no need to be all '' what makes you think they won't do it ? ''

Those people who will consider buying plat with the plat discount, and acquire the discount in daily rewards,are the minority .

I think they should give a once-off discount to everybody , so that those who would consider buying plat with the discount would be able to get it .

That is a good idea. But i just feel that your thread makes little meaning to be posted in General discussion. Your heading is "Dear DE, please remove the plat discount", which i don't agree, hence i presented my point in the discussion.

Why don't you try to post your suggestion in the feedback section instead so it can receive the attention it needs?

Edited by Zoet

I don't care if its there, its just as useless as the blueprints of the stuff we already own. Now, what happened to me is that the counter for my day logged in reset. So not only do I get the intangible equivalent of an ammo box. IT SCREWED OVER MY CHANCES OF GETTING FORMA/POTATOES FOR THE NEXT SIX DAYS.

That is the only beef I have with the useless pieces of crap.

That is a good idea. But i just feel that your thread makes little meaning to be posted in General discussion. Your heading is "Dear DE, please remove the plat discount", which i don't agree, hence i presented my point in the discussion.

Why don't you try to post your suggestion in the feedback section instead so it can receive the attention it needs?

thats what i wanted to do but i couldnt find a suitable sub heading for it

It wont hurt DE in any way. Plat is a product, that does not have any further storage cost or whatever.

It doesnt matter if you charge people 20 bucks or 15. The most important thing is that they buy plat in the first place.

I have a different viewpoint about the coupons. They might be used regularly, but considering the type of player involved in a free to play game, and the types of purchases a person can make with platinum, then you are more likely to see that players that weren't buying platinum still won't buy platinum, and players that will use platinum won't wait for a coupon.

Sure, the coupon can help, but it's biggest effect is being something that players don't need or want.

Edited by JHarlequin