Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Client keeps crashing

prometheus2573

Question

10 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, prometheus2573 said:

After enduring a painful download of 4GB at 600 KB/s, the client got stucked when it was completed and then it kept crashing... Now I am redownloading the whole game but this time from Steam to see if that works. Anyone else is having the same issues?

It happens to many of us, it's a server overload.

We can do nothing except wait for people to finish their downloads progressively, to get more bandwidth and chances to complete our update.

Worm Holed from General Discussion to PLayers helping Players.

The Launcher has issues cause he fails to connect to the servers (too many connections attempts failed) => Error Message.

If you mean that your Launcher really crashes (closes itself with a Crash Report and WAR- number), you can report it to the Support. (link on bottom of the page).

Just now, Yaer said:

The Launcher has issues cause he fails to connect to the servers (too many connections attempts failed) => Error Message.

If you mean that your Launcher really crashes (closes itself with a Crash Report and WAR- number), you can report it to the Support. (link on bottom of the page).

Is that a good idea? It's very likely the launcher has problems to connect because of the high amount of players online now. 

If everyone coming on now would submit tickets, their issues wouldn't be around anymore when it's gets handled (in a couple of days- a week). Yet it will fill support up with a lot more work.

If you have had word with support though and they're fine with it, nevermind me. But I want to prevent support from getting flooded.

7 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

Is that a good idea? It's very likely the launcher has problems to connect because of the high amount of players online now. 

If everyone coming on now would submit tickets, their issues wouldn't be around anymore when it's gets handled (in a couple of days- a week). Yet it will fill support up with a lot more work.

If you have had word with support though and they're fine with it, nevermind me. But I want to prevent support from getting flooded.

I say "If your Launcher really crashes".

People tend to say that something "crashes" when they get error message. If you get an error message like "Update Failed, the Update will start again soon", this is not a crash. This is a common connection failure on big updates. In those cases, please wait patiently until the situation calms down: you'll be able to update entirely.

1 hour ago, Yaer said:

I say "If your Launcher really crashes".

People tend to say that something "crashes" when they get error message. If you get an error message like "Update Failed, the Update will start again soon", this is not a crash. This is a common connection failure on big updates. In those cases, please wait patiently until the situation calms down: you'll be able to update entirely.

In my case it didn't gave an error... It just crashed and closed and gave the the option to submit the report of the crash... and No, i didn't get the "Update failed... "