The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Major Freezing issue (It just kinda fixed itself :/)

Nevera_Tyatune

So when i start up the game i can hear the audio stuttering and being choppy, I login and the game freezes, then is going for a moment and freezes and its this constant freeze unfreeze thing going on, everything i do anything or nothing, if my warframe moves the game freezes, if people talking in chat it freezes. I have no idea what is causing this, but it makes me unable to play the game entirely

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8370 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor (Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler)

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card

Ram: G.Skill Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory

Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Edited by Rarity_The_Unicorn

Can everyone please try the following and let us know if they make any difference? 
By now I hope you already have the latest GPU drivers installed, so.. 

• If an Nvidia user, disable "Nvidia PhysX Effects" in the Display Settings -- or alternatively, disable 64-bit from the launcher settings
  • If an AMD user, disable 64-bit from the launcher settings
  • If all else fails, Verify/Optimize your cache in the launcher settings

AMD users: If you notice a significant improvement by disabling 64-bit from the launcher then could you please submit a support ticket to us with a copy of your EE.log / DxDiag? We are in the process of tracking down the issue and any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Crackling audio / poor FPS: Can you try lowering the sound volume through Warframe's sound settings? If this does not work, then try disabling 64-bit from launcher settings. 

Keep in mind these are not intended to be permanent solutions. We are just trying to pinpoint what exactly is causing everyone to experience these issues.

Also, if you happen to come across any crashes at all then please post a comment in this thread with the WAR-#### that appears in the crash popup. If you do not see a crash popup then submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log / DxDiag. (make sure the EE.log submitted is taken immediately after the crash has occurred)

Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

Thanks everyone.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

Hi, Dmitri.

Firstly, please tell all the team at Digital Extremes that you all made a great Update with 18.5 - Sands of Inaros and a very big "Thank You!" from me. I won 20-30fps of performance back and the game looks even better than before, the team was right in making a Visual and Performance Upgrade.

As for this problem, I just wanted to let you and everyone else know that this issue is not happening only for AMD users. I have an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 CPU @ 2.66GHz and I also got this problem. It started yesterday around 1 hour after I started playing Update 18.5 content, at first everything was normal, but later it started freezing and the audio being very choppy.

The interesting thing to notice is that after many hours trying to fix this problem, it went away automatically. I remember 64-bit mode and DirectX 10 were enabled. I played today from morning till now, 19:00 (7 p.m.) without a single problem, but now it started again. Out of the blue.

I spent a lot of hours thinking it was my computer at first, but after realizing that only Warframe is freezing and stuttering, it's definitely related to Update 18.5. I should mention that I never had this problem before, and that enabling or disabling Display settings, changing resolutions, borderless fullscreen/windowed/fullscreen doesn't help, game still freezes all the time.

Also of note, since it might be important, yesterday when Update 18.5 finished, after I clicked the Play button in the Launcher, an error window popped up saying there was already another instance of Warframe running - but there wasn't, the game started normally, but everytime I started the game that window kept popping up again. I believe it was Hotfix 18.5.1 that fixed it, since it no longer appears, but I can't confirm that. Just mentioning it in case other users might have experienced this and/or maybe it might have something to do with it. I had no errors during the 4 GBs download and install phases.

Another thing that might help, it the fact that Steve said on Twitter that Warframe's disk space on the Hard Drive Disk would be ~20 GB, but after checking my Warframe folder in Users > Me > AppData > Local, Warframe's folder size is only 11,6 GB. Not sure if some files werent downloaded, installed or replaced correctly.

Sorry if those things I mentioned aren't helpful, I'm just trying to give as much info as possible. And I don't know if any of them might prove useful or not in trying to diagnose this problem.

I also found this thread on Warframe's Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/490enj/anyone_else_getting_complete_freezing_in_relays/

I believe many people are getting this problem, and it makes the game unplayable. It's like every 1-2 frames keep skipping, which means a massive slowdown and then things get fast again, tried many times to power through it, but it's almost impossible.

Though it's not a permanent solution, disabling 64-bit worked for me. Thank you very much for this very helpful tip.

I have opened a Support Ticket, Request #535504. I put all the details I mention here.

Thank you very much for looking into this problem. Hopefully you guys can fix it quickly. All the best of luck!

PS. I'm available to do any tests if you guys need to. Just PM me and I will help any way I can.

Edited by Sdarts