The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Warframe updates bloat in your storage space?

Aebara

Question

I'm not exactly the most computer-literate person, and this is really the only game with large updates like this that I play, so I apologize if this is a dumb question and/or if I'm saying all this completely wrong.

I'm just curious if warframe updates mostly overwrite and replace existing WF data on your harddrive, excepting new content; or if all the information across all the updates just sort of sits there on your drive. Some of the updates (like 18.5, which was close to 5GB) can be largish, so it'd be nice to know how much storage space WF is actually taking up now, and if it's going to continue growing.

4 answers to this question

Assuming you're playing the Steam version of Warframe, navigate to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common folder. Then, right-click your Warframe folder and select Properties. There, it'll show how much space Warframe is currently taking up on your hard drive.

More than likely, as Warframe (or any other online game) grows, so will the size of their folders.

Edited by Stefe

Warframe tries to be smart about it's local data.
however, if you want to make sure Warframe is as slim as possible:

E15QqvJ.png

hit Optimize on the Launcher. it will check what data is needed or not, and delete anything you don't need.
for example - Warframe's current exact size is:

pohc8l6.png

ofcourse over time Warframe will get larger. but Digital Extremes is smart with local data, it's highly compressed and unlike big 'AAA' games, data space isn't just wasted.
(*cough* Uncompressed Audio in Titanfall, topkek - idiots *cough*)

Edited by taiiat