The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Lag, please fix or give option to go back to old lighting!

ddips

Please give it in the options to turn off fog and go back to the old lighting, I've been playing for over a year and this is literally my favorite game and I dont want to simply give it up.
I cant enter a mission without getting an instant 1fps, I'm using the lowest settings and smallest resolution but my game has gone to sh*t cuz of the new lighting and fog. It's really annoying me alot so if u can make it in the options to turn off fog and go back to the old lighting I'd be the happiest person alive. Please DE.

5 hours ago, Gale47 said:

Turn off Reverb and/or use Cache Optimization. Performance-wise the game runs MUCH better now.

Whats that about Cache Optimization? Is an ingame option or an external program must be used?

And returning to topic, i have got the same issues. Game fps have become a mess with this last update. And the game just gets worse if you disable the "High Shader Quality" meaning the problem must be around that graphic option.

31 minutes ago, Marbelik said:

Whats that about Cache Optimization? Is an ingame option or an external program must be used?

And returning to topic, i have got the same issues. Game fps have become a mess with this last update. And the game just gets worse if you disable the "High Shader Quality" meaning the problem must be around that graphic option.

You can find cache optimization in the game's launcher. It's a godsend, really.

On 3/5/2016 at 8:33 AM, iamDDips said:

I somehow cleared my lag when I turned down the games master volume, I have no sound but atleast my game runs fine.

If you turn volume back up now will you still experience performance issues?
A number of fixes have gone in since Saturday, curious if one of them may have solved your issue. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

If you turn volume back up now will you still experience performance issues?
A number of fixes have gone in since Saturday, curious if one of them may have solved your issue. 

It's ok now, I did what u told someone else to do on a different post, which was turn 64bit off and reverb off in the audio options. Then I turned my sound back up and it runs fine now.

5 minutes ago, iamDDips said:

It's ok now, I did what u told someone else to do on a different post, which was turn 64bit off and reverb off in the audio options. Then I turned my sound back up and it runs fine now.

Alright that's good. You should also be able to turn 64-bit and reverb back on now. 
If you still experience frame rate problems then try disabling reverb again, then 64-bit, and please let us know. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Alright that's good. You should also be able to turn 64-bit and reverb back on now. 
If you still experience frame rate problems then try disabling reverb again, then 64-bit, and please let us know. 

I played a couple games and I turned them back on to see, I do get the occasional fps drop but its a lot better than it used to be, thanks man.

1 hour ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

I played a couple games and I turned them back on to see, I do get the occasional fps drop but its a lot better than it used to be, thanks man.