The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Notifications help (desktop notifications)

Zahnrad

Question

How do I change it so it doesn't use desktop notifications? I liked the older system better where I could check if I had notifications by going on the forums. Plus I don't feel like limiting myself to one notification per day.

5 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

Click on the Notification button and go to "Notification Settings". 
You can set your Notification preferences there.

Moved to Players Helping Players subforum.

Yes, I know how to get there but none of the options seem to tell me what disables desktop notifications. If you could please help me with that instead I'd appreciate it.

9 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Yes, I know how to get there but none of the options seem to tell me what disables desktop notifications. If you could please help me with that instead I'd appreciate it.

Odd, I used to be able to deactivate it through those settings. Must be disabled now for some reason.

Turning it off depends on the browser you are using. In Chrome, go into your advanced browser settings, scroll down to Privacy and click on Content Settings. 
Scroll down to Notifications and Manage Exceptions or turn them off completely.

13 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Zahnny, 

In your notification settings make sure everything is unchecked. That way you won't receive any desktop notification popups :) 

If you're not going to take it seriously then don't respond at all. I'm actually a little upset that you're trying to poke fun at me for a genuine question.