The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Frame suggestions

Sorkheff

Question

Heyya. I've done my own research and I keep trying new frames out, but I keep being underwhelmed. So I figured I'd ask the community for thoughts.

Basic Information: Rhino is my favorite frame. 3 of his abilties are frequently usable and I like the aesthetic.

I've got Rhino/Prime, Ash/Prime, Volt/Prime, Saryn Prime, Chroma, Equinox, Mirage, Oberon, and Hydroid.

Rhino -> Saryn -> Oberon are my favorites. And Volt Prime has my favorite aesthetic when attached with Archwings. (I literally do not use him on the ground anymore)

Ash and Chroma ended up feeling like colossal wastes of time and while they are Good/Powerful frames...they're boring beyond comprehension. Chroma is essentially one bad ability and 3 passives. >_<

Mirage would be on my list of favorites but the ogris is unforgivingly worse than the Tonkor or Simulor and those weapons do not interest me. (And I hate seeing 3 other people in a pug all using the same damn weapons).

I have a lot of require build mods, sans Overextended and Transient fortitude and I've already got the Inaros quest and Atlas quests first legs underway.

So my question is, what frames will I find myself using more than one of their abilities regularly who has moderate capacity to not instantly die. *Caveat, I do not want ANY frame whose 4 is to pull out another weapon. I like using my weapons, if I didn't...I would use other weapons. (If Valkyr just locked you into Melee mode with your blade, I'd have her already)

5 answers to this question

Inaros seems fun but I haven't played him.

My suggestion is Frost. Not a "Bubble Frost" who just presses 3 all the time. Focus on his second ability with the augment Ice Wave Impedence. He is surprisingly entertaining. All of his abilities still have a place in a diverse playstyle - 1 is a strong debuff, 3 will help you get some breath, and 4 is one of the strongest area debuff/armor strips.