The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there Counter-Play to Shock Eximus?

Havenless

2 minutes ago, Gwimmlord said:

Uuuh no?
besides the fact that you can get 1 shotted even with quick thinking and 850 energy

players dont have a 360 viewing angle so no you cant know whats around you at all times 
unless you're running around all spastic looking everywhere (which would also get you killed)

Not even close. I only have 700 on volt prime and nothing 1 shots me through just redirection + QT, not even level 100 elemental enhanced enemies. And that's only a 100 armor frame. Stop lying.

Also, the guy I was responding to claims he always spots the snipers. I dunno how, but good for him. I always spot the eximi and which type they are. *shrug*

5 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

I never see snipers, but that's just me. Not that it matters because they can't 1 shot me thanks to Quick Thinking, unless I get caught in the shock eximus aura first. But that would mean I failed to notice both of them. You have to agree that's just a fail on the player's part, right?

At your 12 o'clock you see a bombard, You try to dispatch him. Just out of your sight a Mag Butcher comes at your 5 o'clock. You dodge him but cause he's up in your face you get sapped, now while you're dealing with the butcher (You now have no shields AND energy) If you didn't finish the bombard you got a rocket coming at you. if you did kill him there are likely other enemies nearby. Sniper/gunner/Nulifer other eximus.

And lets not get started with derelict missions In which GOOD @(*()$ LUCK FINDING ANYTHING

Just now, Inmemoratus said:

Not even close. I only have 700 on volt prime and nothing 1 shots me through just redirection + QT, not even level 100 elemental enhanced enemies. And that's only a 100 armor frame. Stop lying.

Also, the guy I was responding to claims he always spots the snipers. I dunno how, but good for him. I always spot the eximi and which type they are. *shrug*

And here is what I mean with people who dont play endurance missions
they have literally 0 idea what enemies can do when the scaling starts getting ridiculous

Just a quick FYI bruh lvl 100 enemies are not that high nor that dangerous

2 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

Aaaaaand he talks about armour when talking about shields...

Also you're telling me you don't see a big &#! yellow bubble walking your way  ? You have a hard time noticing the most noticeable enemy in the whole damn game ?

6 minutes ago, Sunfaiz said:

At your 12 o'clock you see a bombard, You try to dispatch him. Just out of your sight a Mag Butcher comes at your 5 o'clock. You dodge him but cause he's up in your face you get sapped, now while you're dealing with the butcher (You now have no shields AND energy) If you didn't finish the bombard you got a rocket coming at you. if you did kill him there are likely other enemies nearby. Sniper/gunner/Nulifer other eximus.

And lets not get started with derelict missions In which GOOD @(*()$ LUCK FINDING ANYTHING

I shoot my Synoid Simulor 3 times and all of them die.

3 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

I shoot my Synoid Simulor 3 times and all of them die.

Brilliant, now deal with x10 the number of enemies. Cause that's what will happen. Practically.

why don't you actually go and play the game on a planet that isn't mercury and come back and format your answers..... wait that can happen EVEN ON MERCURY AND KILL YOU 

Edited by Sunfaiz

9 minutes ago, Sunfaiz said:

Aaaaaand he talks about armour when talking about shields...

Also you're telling me you don't see a big &#! yellow bubble walking your way  ? You have a hard time noticing the most noticeable enemy in the whole damn game ?

I'm talking about armor because the damage absorbed by QT is reduced by armor. I also use redirection and that is worth noting because it stops a bunch of the damage before the QT+armor come into play. But the point is despite Volt Prime's moderate 100 armor, QT still stops me from being 1 shot.

I was thinking about ballistas btw, I don't consider the damage from nullifiers remotely threatening. Maybe their AI sucks or something and they don't shoot often, but they're the last thing I'm concerned about.

Edited by Inmemoratus

Just now, Sunfaiz said:

Brilliant, now deal with x10 the number of enemies. Cause that's what will happen. Practically.

why don't you actually go and play the game on a planet that isn't mercury and come back and format your answers.

Good thing it hits all of those enemies no matter how many there are.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

Dear Inmemoratus, The time will come where you come back and hate about the shock eximus. Trust me. It's better to get their magnetic proc off the game now before it's too late.

I have Half a mind to push for every unit to have mag procs. Maybe we'll see how useful QT will be then.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

Dear Inmemoratus, The time will come where you come back and hate about the shock eximus. Trust me. It's better to get their magnetic proc off the game now before it's too late.

I think it would be fine if the aura was visible. I really don't like how there's no visual for the boundary. Imagine if all the other corpus AoE area denial s*** didn't show its range. That would be pretty hilarious (in a bad way).

DE just showing its exemplary skill at balance and enemy design. Its all part of their new objective to blurr the lines between warframes by making sure every new enemy doesn't let you use your abilities. This way we get the message and drop dead instantly like we are supposed to when we get hit by that one hitscan enemy, or the teleport spam enemy, or the ground-pound obsessed enemy that surely must have a bug in its AI. No boys and girls, its all working as intended. Its a wonderful and innovative way to approach a sci-fi game set several millennia into the future about about puppet ninjas in deep space. I think its original and should stick. Now behave yourselves and get butt#*($%%@ like a good little tenno.

U76EjmQ.gif

Edited by Shreiko

On 3/6/2016 at 7:29 PM, Storchenbein said:

How can people defend such an immensely cheap enemy?

Some players have been playing for so long that they find no challenge in the game anymore.
At this point they'll accept any challenge, no matter how broken.

Bursas with 10+ second knockdowns?
Tar Mutalist Moas that one-shot players in 0.63 seconds?
Mutalist Ospreys that cause 1000+ toxin damage DoTs?

Any time we get an enemy that's straight-up unfair, there will be older players grasping for straws at anything that can kill them.

Just now, Shreiko said:

DE just showing its exemplary skill at balance and enemy design. Its all part of their new objective to blurr the lines between warframes by making sure every new enemy doesn't let you use your abilities. Its a wonderful and innovative way to approach a sci-fi game set in several millennia into the future about about puppet ninjas in deep space. I think its original and should stick.  

U76EjmQ.gif

I think this is more of an issue of a really old bug being fixed through non-game designer channels. Imagine this scenario. Bug is sitting in the QA backlog for a while. Some programmer fixes it, sends it back for regression. QA team regresses it and submits it to the build. Game designers aren't necessarily aware of this, and they don't necessarily consider the impact of this bugfix because there are a lot of bugfixes all the time. But with all this backlash hopefully they will consider it. The mechanic is poorly implemented.

Just now, Rydian said:

Some players have been playing for so long that they find no challenge in the game anymore.

Any time we get an enemy that's straight-up unfair, there will be older players grasping for straws at anything that can kill them.

All I'm thinking about is the new guys/ Casuals who are just fed up with having to deal with S#&$ like this cause of.... uh ? Why do we have this one again? 

2 minutes ago, Rydian said:

Well personally I prefer a tiny aura I can avoid over the ranged attack from ancient disruptors + them giving the magnetic proc to other enemies around them. That TERRIFIES me in a level 100 elemental enhancement survival when I'm Valkyr, for example.

Shock Eximus is tame in comparison, honestly. But like I keep saying I hope they make it more clear what the aura's area is.

Edited by Inmemoratus

2 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

I think this is more of an issue of a really old bug being fixed through non-game designer channels. Imagine this scenario. Bug is sitting in the QA backlog for a while. Some programmer fixes it, sends it back for regression. QA team regresses it and submits it to the build. Game designers aren't necessarily aware of this, and they don't necessarily consider the impact of this bugfix because there are a lot of bugfixes all the time. But with all this backlash hopefully they will consider it. The mechanic is poorly implemented.

I updated the salt in my post, update your quote. :')

personally i don't see an issue with them. encourages good target prioritizing and paying attention to what is going on. if you are playing solo on a high level corpus mission...don't run a melee only build! if you are playing with a team, then the other 3 members (who are hopefully not also melee) can take out these guys while you avoid them. part of warframe is designing a good team comp or build. if your build has a glaring weakness, its your job to awknowledge that and accept the potential risks you bring when making the decision to roll with said build. same logic applies to team comps. when it comes to endgame, not every loadout is going to be as viable as the next, and what is necessary to bring will change depending on the context of your mission

personally I come from League of Legends so building a team/loadout isn't new to me. I don't see why people are complaining when there are very obvious countermeasures you can take when facing a shock eximus. I find enemies such as healers and bombards far more annoying to deal with, as if not taken care of immediately you can easily be swarmed or cc'ed to death. shock eximus' don't do anything until you walk close to them, so plan accordingly

Edited by J1ffyLub3

On 6.03.2016 at 1:21 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

So what is "real" difficulty then?

Attacks that are devastating yet consistent and telegraphed well enough a skilled player can counter them with nearly 100% effectiveness.
DE's so fixated on their los checks when it comes to nerfing players' nukes but enemies that should have them (Nullifier bubbles, auras and IIRC Bombard/Napalm projectiles) simply ignore all and any kinds of cover because consistency?

2 minutes ago, J1ffyLub3 said:

personally I come from League of Legends so building a team isn't new to me. I don't see why people are complaining when there are very obvious countermeasures you can take when facing a shock eximus. I find enemies such as healers and bombards far more annoying to deal with, as if not taken care of immediately you can easily be swarmed or cc'ed to death. shock eximus' don't do anything until you walk close to them, so plan accordingly

League? Okay. Let's introduce a new minion that steals all your mana when he manages to get a hit on you. Must be pretty fun for sure.

You say ancients and bombard are far more annoying than shock eximus?

KBNcZ.gif

7 minutes ago, Mofixil said:

Attacks that are devastating yet consistent and telegraphed well enough a skilled player can counter them with nearly 100% effectiveness.
DE's so fixated on their los checks when it comes to nerfing players' nukes but enemies that should have them (Nullifier bubbles, auras and IIRC Bombard/Napalm projectiles) simply ignore all and any kinds of cover because consistency?

If you're winning 100% of the time it's not a challenge. There's no personal growth happening in that situation, no skill being gained. Just masturbatory repetition. PvE is like a puzzle. Once it's solved, the challenge is gone. You move on to a new puzzle that you haven't solved yet if you want a challenge.

Well that's my stance on "muh challenging PvE content"

Edited by Inmemoratus

You know what, I don't know how these guys are going to affect me in a big way during solo meele only T3 - T4 (T anything) 60 minute (more or less) survivals. If all they are is a big honking magnetic procs with legs then ok that's not really a big issue for me to deal with on my own. If you think that's ego stroking, or lies or whatever...fine. But I sincerely mean it when I think you guys are making a bigger deal than it actually is.

1 minute ago, TermiteFrame said:

You know what, I don't know how these guys are going to affect me in a big way during solo meele only T3 - T4 (T anything) 60 minute (more or less) survivals. If all they are is a big honking magnetic procs with legs then ok that's not really a big issue for me to deal with on my own. If you think that's ego stroking, or lies or whatever...fine. But I sincerely mean it when I think you guys are making a bigger deal than it actually is.

Well could you run a T4 Surv for 60 mins and get back to us. I think you might change your mind.