The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Effective anti-bursa builds and tips...

SquattingMouse

Question

I appreciate this has been asked A LOT lately but I've only just got to the point where they are getting in the way.  Last night I ran an interception with a cell of 3 and we all just kept getting taken down by the bursas (bursei?) as they'd just sit on the downed Tenno.  As I was running my Excalibur I could go in, blind and then revive one Tenno and then promptly one of us would get nailed to the wall again.  Aside from stairs which did seem to thwart them (insert dalek joke here) I've only managed ever to take one down solo using Rhino, Iron Skin to avoid knockdown and his stomp to stun lock it before just unloading everything into it.

Solo I just can't maneuver fast enough to get behind them before they turn unless I have a lot of room and I end up just being swamped by the rest of the enemies that rock up.  I've had some success with Twin-Grakatas getting radiation procs on them to mean the corpus do my dirty work for me (or the bursa does mine while I hightail it out of there) but aside from that I am genuinely struggling here.  Is massive Corrosion an idea?  Anyone got something?

Anyone got something reliable and relatively accessible?  Currently the arsenal contains - Rhino, Excalibur, Oberon (levelling him up), Hek, Twin Grakatas, Paris, Plasma Sword, Carrier, Braton(levlling), Bo(levelling) and Kunai(Levelling).  I can manage most elemental damage types so they're all viable too.

Help?  Before the Harpoon drags me away?

11 answers to this question

Corrosive is best damage type since they have ferrite armor

Electric or Magnetic damage is best (imo) if your whole squad is using the aura: corrosive projection

The head has a 0.1x and the legs a 0.2x weak spot damage multiplier. Deals a lot less damage but if you have a great weapon and can aim well enough you dont have to get behind per sé

Besides that Rhino works nicely to stay up as long as your weapons deal nuff damage.

Otherwise Excalibur's Exalted Blade deals massive damage when modded correctly and when using it during radial blind's stun (extra finisher damage)

Edited by ArcticMantis

Synoid Simulor, I'm sorry to say (because it is MR12). Shoot over the top of them, and the singularity will damage them, and you can set it up for Corrosive & Magnetic.

Maybe try other AoE weapons, shooting at the back of them, or alternatively a Slow Nova really helps you get around the back, and of course they take double damage.

I'd suggest tigris for bursa hunting I tested Basic Rhino+Trigis on Few level 80 Bursas, Roar into stomp gave enough time to kill level 80 Denial Bursa before standing up if I got the panel easy to shoot, otherwise second stomp time was enough to kill.

The MR req of 4 should be manageable to obtain Tigris and it kicks a punch with relatively low fusion cost on mods if you have them.

http://imgur.com/a/2i4GL for builds used.

51 minutes ago, plexus_brachialis said:

i think most CC abilities won't work on them anymore, or will have diminished effect, at least according to 18.5. update notes; unless they somehow don't count as boss-type enemy

Considering that I could still steal stuff with Prowl off these Bursas I'd say they just count as a 'normal' or 'heavy' type enemy.

I'm pretty sure boss enemy is just that, bosses ( And faction assassins I guess. ). Steve did talk about preventing bosses from getting one-shotted on his twitter so I assume this is just the first step before they overhaul the entire damage mechanic.

And to OP, just bring anything with high burst and mod it for corrosive. There are no specific anti-Bursa frame or weapons other than "Survive attacks, get behind Bursa and shoot" I'm afraid. 

Out of your arsenal I'd say go with Excal or Rhino + Hek. Use blind + EB for Excal and just spam waves until it dies. That or use Rhino, stomp and start unloading Hek behind the Bursa.

32 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

Out of your arsenal I'd say go with Excal or Rhino + Hek. Use blind + EB for Excal and just spam waves until it dies. That or use Rhino, stomp and start unloading Hek behind the Bursa.

More or less what I was doing just with the Grakatas as they were the better weapon at the time as my shotgun mods weren't that hot.  Thanks again to everyone for the replies.

If you have her, trinity makes short work of Bursa's with vamp. One tactic I've employed a tiny bit and seen used is to simply leap leap to the other side of them after they devote to attacking. They're much slower to turn and can easily be gunned down.

7 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

Considering that I could still steal stuff with Prowl off these Bursas I'd say they just count as a 'normal' or 'heavy' type enemy.

I'm pretty sure boss enemy is just that, bosses ( And faction assassins I guess. ). Steve did talk about preventing bosses from getting one-shotted on his twitter so I assume this is just the first step before they overhaul the entire damage mechanic.

i could kiss you for divulging that knowledge, thank you, didn't have much time to test stuff after update