The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New-Mid level player (plus end game ash prime build?)

KBurn85

Question

Hello,

MR4 player. Just wanted to ask what I should do next. I've unlocked up to Phobos, but cannot beat the boss there solo. I've defeated Sargas Ruk in a team multiple times, but never on my own, can't deal enough damage to his glowing bits, and keep dying. When I shoot his opened-up glowy chest, it seems to do nothing! Enemies seem really hard up on Phobos either way, and I doubt I'll survive Europa, even though I am desperate for some control modules. I've just unlocked archwing. What should I do next? Keep grinding out new weapons/frames, or try to get mods/weapons to survive? I'm using Drakoon, Furis and Galatine (standard life-leech, damage increase, range increase build)

Also, I've gotten the 75%plat deal, and managed to snag an Ash Prime (only a baby level 5), along with all the following mods. What do you think of this build? Pretty standard bladestorm build IMO. Lots of armour to take advantage of his high armour, while spamming bladestorm. He'll be using life-leech Galatine, but not sure which primary. Should I try to level him and his mods to progress to Europa?

http://goo.gl/G5ciZc

Not sure if should use transient fortitude VS armoured agility. TF gives 2k extra dmg (5k VS 7k) for bladestorm, while AA gives 5% (56% vs 51%) dmg reduction

Edited by KBurn85

4 answers to this question

Hi. Generally on Ash you don't need that much survivability since you're usually in bladestorm. Due to this, Rage, Steel Fiber and AA are sub optimal and should be replaced with more damage / utility. I would still keep Vitality on, since it's nice to not get 1 shot later on. You're also lacking Stretch, which would increase the range of bladestorm allowing it to hit more enemies. Seeking Shuriken mod is really good for later on. Hope this helped.

This game is really all about mods. Make sure you have your elements correct for the faction you are killing. Pure damage is not great. You will do more damage with elemental combo's, like Electricity and Toxin will make corrosive which is good for the Void. Some weapons can't be saved. They are just too bad. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

A good way to play Ash is to have Body Count on you melee weapon so your Blade Storm combo duration stays longer. If you just keep Blade Storming your damage will go up the more you hit enemies. If you do it straight for 60 minutes in the void, you will be able to 1 hit almost everything.

Well this is Warframe, so the next step is always to grind!  However, since you just got your archwing, I would suggest going to Uranus with a scanner to scan a (spoiler, you will know it when you see it) random occurrence that will unlock a new quest for you.  You will need a mid level archwing to pull you through the water sections though.

Your Ash build is good, but as the previous poster said, since Bladestorm makes you invincible for it's duration, armor is not needed as much if you are spamming it.  You can keep up the spam too if you bring a Carrier Sentinel since it can pick up drops while you are in BS.  I would invest in more range for BS spam, or duration for invis when you need it.

Control modules drop often in the void so do some survival missions there and your set.

I don't think there is a set path to follow at this point, but keep in mind that mastery rank can keep you locked out of things you may want.  Take a weapon to level often and if you do missions with a team you can max it without even using it.  Mods will come naturally as you play, so there is no need to grind those unless you really want a specific one.  Best of luck to you!

I don't know what primaies you own but Drakoon is not the best for fighting the Phobos boss. Snce you're only a MR4 I would say get a Boltor and level it and build it around punch through. This rifle will help until you hit MR8 and unlock the Soma etc. 

As to secondaries if you are in a clan go get either a Marelock or Pyrana both are excellent weapons whose damge can be built to run most if not all planets. Also there is syndicate version of Marelock but I think its locked behind MR.

Best advise is to keep grinding with new weapons to raise your MR to unlock better weapons to make your planet runs easier.