Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus has taken a step back

Kukukatchoo

5 hours ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

Shhhh, if you ignore it, maybe it will go away.

Have any of you actually played the game? You know what fine. Believe what the devs say don't be surprised when it happens.

11 minutes ago, xxcib21xx said:

Have any of you actually played the game? You know what fine. Believe what the devs say don't be surprised when it happens.

What are you even talked about? "Oh yeah, let me make statements that I have completely no proof to back them up."

Edited by Meice

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Solomon__Grundy9 said:

As I've said before, Lotus isn't evil, she has good intentions for us, but in the process causes sufferings towards others in the system.

If you asked my personal opinion, the story of Warframe will develop into a tragedy where the Tenno slowly realize that they're not the shining "white knights" that the Lotus says they are, and that what we're doing is wrong. In the process, despite what she's done for us and how much she cares for us, we may have to deal with Lotus, as in the process of becoming our mother and protecting us, she has also become a bringer of death to essentially everyone else.

What if I like being a harbinger of death?

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Solomon__Grundy9 said:

As I've said before, Lotus isn't evil, she has good intentions for us, but in the process causes sufferings towards others in the system.

If you asked my personal opinion, the story of Warframe will develop into a tragedy where the Tenno slowly realize that they're not the shining "white knights" that the Lotus says they are, and that what we're doing is wrong. In the process, despite what she's done for us and how much she cares for us, we may have to deal with Lotus, as in the process of becoming our mother and protecting us, she has also become a bringer of death to essentially everyone else.

And that's entirely fair, and far, far more reasonable and more interesting and challenging than just "Ahahahahahahahaha the Lotus has been evil all along ahahahahahahaha". (Which is what some people seem to not so much expect as want.)

19 hours ago, Heatnix. said:

That isn't proof. That's just nothing.

Once again, people that believe Lotus to be a villain are either too slow to understand, lack any sort of normal emotions or just want to be edgy.

Or we got tired of how DE keeps saying that the "Tenno and Natah are the good guys! Everyone else is evil!" How many Corpus, Grineer, and other beings have we just up and slaughtered for the sake of our so called "balance"?

Yes, the Grineer are mostly a clone army, but each clone is still a living being. The Corpus are not clones, but they get butchered just the same. We show up, slaughter everything on the map (unless you are going for a full stealth run on Spy like maps), then leave. The only thing that keeps the Tenno in the light is that there are little to no civilians on the maps and when they are, we have to save them. If DE made a map where you had both civilians and military on it (E.G. Corpus workers and Crewmen, Grineer army and scientists or captured slaves) without a "civilians are on our side" setup and a mission failed for them dying, do you think there would be plenty of people who wouldn't use their nuking skiils / weapons and other methods to run it in order to keep them alive? Even worse is if they dropped resources or health/energy/affinity orbs.

It is less about "trying to be edgy" and more about "Stop thinking anyone in this gaming universe is a hero." We are all villains, we try to mask this behind a "balance" when in fact we are like some of the bosses say "Mercenaries that fight for scraps!"

3 minutes ago, Kaisty said:

Or we got tired of how DE keeps saying that the "Tenno and Natah are the good guys! Everyone else is evil!" How many Corpus, Grineer, and other beings have we just up and slaughtered for the sake of our so called "balance"?

Yes, the Grineer are mostly a clone army, but each clone is still a living being. The Corpus are not clones, but they get butchered just the same. We show up, slaughter everything on the map (unless you are going for a full stealth run on Spy like maps), then leave. The only thing that keeps the Tenno in the light is that there are little to no civilians on the maps and when they are, we have to save them. If DE made a map where you had both civilians and military on it (E.G. Corpus workers and Crewmen, Grineer army and scientists or captured slaves) without a "civilians are on our side" setup and a mission failed for them dying, do you think there would be plenty of people who wouldn't use their nuking skiils / weapons and other methods to run it in order to keep them alive? Even worse is if they dropped resources or health/energy/affinity orbs.

It is less about "trying to be edgy" and more about "Stop thinking anyone in this gaming universe is a hero." We are all villains, we try to mask this behind a "balance" when in fact we are like some of the bosses say "Mercenaries that fight for scraps!"

Nah. You just want to be called a villain cause it's trendy these days. Everyone hates the hero these days and it burns you inside that you get to be a goodie two shoes when all you want to be is a space Joker.

I may be a jerk to you by stereotyping you but it's not hard to understand that the Grineer are space fascists and the Corpus want eternal war to keep profits going. Trying to understand the bad guys is also trendy, so I understand why you're doing it, but the bad guys are just that... they just want to control and kill and someone has to stop them. And I don't mean fake stop them like Batman, I mean actually doing what's necessary because no one else will or because you don't want anyone else to do what you're reducing yourself to do. Every single Corpus and Grineer you kill is one less that will murder innocent people and you do it so that those innocent people don't have to become just like their aggressors.

And don't mix the lore of who the tenno are vs what humans do (especially gamers =p) in a game. Games are just that. There's no morals or an agenda to try to make people change their mind or anything.

10 hours ago, xxcib21xx said:

Do you understand that DE LEGALLY can not tie the two games together on anything more than spiritual succession because they do not own Dark Sector? Anything that has happened in Dark Sector has no ramifications upon the world of Warframe. DE will get sued for royalties if they even tried to say something stupid like Villains in Dark Sector survived in Warframe.

As someone else pointed out, Trinity started off as an enemy unit. Does that automatically make her a villain we need to be careful of? OH CRAP, TRINITY JOINED THE SQUAD, WATCH THAT WITCH, SHE IS EVIL!!!

12 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

Nah. You just want to be called a villain cause it's trendy these days. Everyone hates the hero these days and it burns you inside that you get to be a goodie two shoes when all you want to be is a space Joker.

I may be a jerk to you by stereotyping you but it's not hard to understand that the Grineer are space fascists and the Corpus want eternal war to keep profits going. Trying to understand the bad guys is also trendy, so I understand why you're doing it, but the bad guys are just that... they just want to control and kill and someone has to stop them. And I don't mean fake stop them like Batman, I mean actually doing what's necessary because no one else will or because you don't want anyone else to do what you're reducing yourself to do. Every single Corpus and Grineer you kill is one less that will murder innocent people and you do it so that those innocent people don't have to become just like their aggressors.

And don't mix the lore of who the tenno are vs what humans do (especially gamers =p) in a game. Games are just that. There's no morals or an agenda to try to make people change their mind or anything.

So what you are saying is basically the Tenno, Grineer, Corpus...heck most if not all the living bipedal beings in the Warframe universe are not human or based off humans? If so, why have them look like us, in fact why have the Operator look like a human child if that is the case?

As for saving "innocent lives", I've yet to see in game an innocent life that needs to be saved. The people we rescue = sympathizers or spies. The syndicates we team up with = terrorist cells in their own right. The Grineer may be Space Fascists, but so is New Loka. Corpus want eternal war, but so does Natah otherwise there would be no "balance."

As for wanting to be called a villain because it is trendy, I just know that if given the chance, the majority of players would burn down countless civilian colonies if it meant getting sweet gear. Even if it meant in story that the Tenno would be declared enemy number one, it wouldn't phase people. It would just mean more things to kill to gain more stuff. DE would just find a way to "justify it" in lore to make it seem like we "killed undercover enemies" and keep the Tenno squeaky clean.

You can't separate what players do in the game from the lore because the lore is mostly written around how the community handles the situation. If 99% of the player base had downright ignored anything and everything that has to do with Archwing, do you think they would have continued adding it to mission or would have added Sharkwing to Uranus?