Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Simulor question

JohnViande

Question

Hi there,

I've just recently decided to build a Synoid Simulor because the mechanics looked interesting, but I'm having an issue (I think?) with it:

Since I forma'ed it a few times I wanted to test it against higher level enemies, because everything else was dying instantly. So I went to the Simulacrum and I noticed that the vortex was pushing enemies away every time I was shooting a new energy round, whereas I thought it was supposed to suck them into it (because resources and dead bodies are always acting this way). I don't know if it's a bug or anything, but if it's how it's supposed to work, I'm really really disappointed. How are you supposed to deal with strong foes if they keep being pushed away until they get out of the vortex radius?

Anyway, I'm probably just a Simulor newbie but it seemed quite odd to me!

4 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

They get pushed back by the damage.

Ehm no, damage does not push enemies.

What happens is that the enemies suffer a stagger when the singularity hits them. Upon stagger, enemies walk one step backwards, and eventually exist the singularity. This mechanics is in-game because it would otherwise lead to perma-stagger.

There's no way to prevent this, but the SynSim is still an excellent weapon in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

Ehm no, damage does not push enemies.

What happens is that the enemies suffer a stagger when the singularity hits them. Upon stagger, enemies walk one step backwards, and eventually exist the singularity. This mechanics is in-game because it would otherwise lead to perma-stagger.

There's no way to prevent this, but the SynSim is still an excellent weapon in my opinion.

Yes it staggers and pushes them away. All the time when the orbs fuse and deal damage. I wasn't wrong.

Okay thank you for your answers guys.

I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed. At the moment I'm actually trying to find a weapon that can reach at least half of the Tonkor's effectiveness in battle, but it seems my quest is not over yet.