The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unfair Focus?

GaudiFanYAY

Question

How does the Focus work now?

Me and my friend have a Warframe each that has a big lens, and we both pick up convergence when possible. So he kills Vor with convergence, using his frame, thus getting 1000 Focus. I do the same with my Nova and barely gets 200 Focus. (Yes, we both used our abilities)

Furthermore, using Antimatter drop with convergence on over 30 enemies in Tower 2 Survival at 15 min only yeilds 250 focus, but my friend using a Saryn with convergence can get up to 1500 on just 20 enemies at 10 minuts.

What gives?

5 answers to this question

I did a Deception mission since you don't need to kill and don't get any affinity from the objective (so all affinity can come from kills in a controlled manner).  I ran through with Nova first with a normal Zenurik lens, only kills were made with AMD.

The kills I made inside the mission were...
65+65+67+659+131+65+674+134+65+67+67+65+67+65+67+131+67
2521 affinity, which became 71 focus points.  2.8%?
That would be 1.25% of 5680 assuming that's the end-of-mission total I guess.
Anybody else know if it's supposed to be from the end-of-mission total with bonus?

I then realized I still need to find some people to trade lenses with me to put the right one on Saryn.

I imagine it has to do with how Focus is gained. Ability use itself gives focus on a frame that has a lens, but a lot more focus if you manage to kill something with a frame power.

Sounds like maybe certain abilities aren't quite tuned in yet for proper focus gain on frames that do more support than direct damage.

focus is beginning to be like archwings for me... something to be ignored because it ranks up so painfully slowly (my prime archwing is still only half leveled up).  In a 20w ODD mission, i can get 100k XP pretty easily, and about 3k focus, which is pretty pathetic (regular lens on WF and primary weapon). 

Unless there's a way to see substantial progress instead of a drip here and a drop there, I'll be looking for ways to uninstall it. 

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt
more info