Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I heard some things about same IP accounts trading get banned.

xKable

Question

I'm not entirely sure if this is true or not, though. My brother and I both play on the same connection (different computers) and while I really want to give him some of my spare prime parts I'm hesitating because I've heard that accounts that trade on the same connection get banned. If someone could shed some light on this I'd appreciate a response to confirm/debunk my concerns.

6 answers to this question

I've made many trades with my housemate and neither of us have been banned.  I think you'll be okay as long as you don't make a dubious looking trades.  Passing over occasional Prime Parts for junk should be fine.  If you were logging in but never actually playing then got a Pt discount, bought a large amount Pt and traded it to your brother for an Ammo Drum then that would look suspicious.  If the accounts are both active and items are passing each way then I doubt any action would be taken.

I've traded/gifted plenty of things with my brother as well. Prime parts/sets, rare mods, even a few hundred platinum because he doesn't want to deal with trade chat, and haven't had any trouble with bans or suspensions.

i have a friend that sometimes arrives at my house to play warframe wtih, i offten give him some usefull gear that i happen have spares of while he only gives me some random Bronze ranked Mod in return, i have  yet to receive a warning or ban for it

Yeah, I've a friend who comes over sometimes, and we sometimes trade stuff, same connection and all. As Katinka said, as long as it's all normal and nothing suspicious, like an MR2 who doesn't play and exists only for discounts and then trades to another account, nothing can be done. Besides, I'm not sure there's a whole lot DE can do to detect dishonest trade activity outside of the perpetrator being his own star witness.

By all means, help your friend out.

Alright guys, thanks for the replies.

People telling stories about getting banned always gets me paranoid, last month I got suspicious about trading because of the whole negative platinum thing haha.